Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old December 7th, 2007, 12:25 PM
New Forum User

Smile Slideshows

I havenít tried it nor have I had a chance to look for it, but does anyone know if you can merge two different slide shows together or can you burn more that one slideshow to a DVD to be played in a DVD player? I just got elements 6 yesterday, I had version 4 since it first came out and I have had photoshop 5.5 for years. Thanks for any help.
Old December 7th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Senior Contributor

I don't know of an easy way to merge 2 slideshows. Could do it by making a new show using all the images from both. As for the dvd as long as you add multiple shows prior to burning you can add as many as the dvd has room for. Most programs will tell you if you've overloaded it when trying to burn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 7th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Senior Contributor

twoinajeep

If all you have is Photoshop Elements 6 and nothing else, forget about the DVD-VIDEO, need more software for that than Photoshop Elements 6. Focus in on VCD and your slideshows on a CD with VCD format. When I have more of your details, I can supply more options, but this is it:

Photoshop Elements 6 Create Slideshow
Slideshow # 1
Highlight your photos in the Organizer that are going into Slideshow # 1, go to Create/Slideshow and do just that. When you get to Output, select Save As File .Mov (wmv). Under File Size make sure to set at VCD NTSC or PAL depending on your location. When all is said and done, you will have two saved versions showing in the Organizer, one is tagged video while the other is tagged project.
Slideshow # 2
Do the exact same things for the photos that are going into Slideshow # 2, etc.

At this point the Organizer will have:
Thumbnail for Video, Slideshow 1 (that is the one saved to the hard drive location that you designated)
Thumbnail for Project, Slideshow 1
Thumbnail for Video, Slideshow 2 (that is the one saved to the hard drive location that you designated)
Thumbnail for Project, Slideshow 2
(I have found that you can use either the Video OR Project version to do the following:

Now select Thumbnail for Video, Slideshow 1 and Thumbnail for Video , Slideshow 2, followed by clicking on Other Options (over to the right of the Interface) and picking VCD with menu. Follow the instructions from there.

I have done this with Photoshop Elements 3 and 6 and gotten the same result. Via my TV/DVD player, my TV displays first a menu consisting of two buttons. I have to press #1 or #2 on my remote and ENTER to start video #1 or #2. It has not played one continuous video. If I start with #1, at the end of #1, it does not continue to #2, but rather reverts back to the main menu for me to select #2 if that is what I want to view next.

Do you have a full version of Nero software? If so, you might be able to use the wmv slideshows created in Photoshop Elements 6 with menus of more control.

Let me know if that worked for you. VCD is often downgraded because it is considered a lesser quality product that DVD-VIDEO.

ATR
Old December 7th, 2007, 02:53 PM
New Forum User

Thanks

Thanks ATR, I do have the full version of Nero and that should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR View Post
twoinajeep

If all you have is Photoshop Elements 6 and nothing else, forget about the DVD-VIDEO, need more software for that than Photoshop Elements 6. Focus in on VCD and your slideshows on a CD with VCD format. When I have more of your details, I can supply more options, but this is it:

Photoshop Elements 6 Create Slideshow
Slideshow # 1
Highlight your photos in the Organizer that are going into Slideshow # 1, go to Create/Slideshow and do just that. When you get to Output, select Save As File .Mov (wmv). Under File Size make sure to set at VCD NTSC or PAL depending on your location. When all is said and done, you will have two saved versions showing in the Organizer, one is tagged video while the other is tagged project.
Slideshow # 2
Do the exact same things for the photos that are going into Slideshow # 2, etc.

At this point the Organizer will have:
Thumbnail for Video, Slideshow 1 (that is the one saved to the hard drive location that you designated)
Thumbnail for Project, Slideshow 1
Thumbnail for Video, Slideshow 2 (that is the one saved to the hard drive location that you designated)
Thumbnail for Project, Slideshow 2
(I have found that you can use either the Video OR Project version to do the following:

Now select Thumbnail for Video, Slideshow 1 and Thumbnail for Video , Slideshow 2, followed by clicking on Other Options (over to the right of the Interface) and picking VCD with menu. Follow the instructions from there.

I have done this with Photoshop Elements 3 and 6 and gotten the same result. Via my TV/DVD player, my TV displays first a menu consisting of two buttons. I have to press #1 or #2 on my remote and ENTER to start video #1 or #2. It has not played one continuous video. If I start with #1, at the end of #1, it does not continue to #2, but rather reverts back to the main menu for me to select #2 if that is what I want to view next.

Do you have a full version of Nero software? If so, you might be able to use the wmv slideshows created in Photoshop Elements 6 with menus of more control.

Let me know if that worked for you. VCD is often downgraded because it is considered a lesser quality product that DVD-VIDEO.

ATR
Old December 7th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Add on,

Your slideshow in VCD format on a CD disc can be played on TV via TV/DVD player PROVIDED the player supports VCD. Check the player specifications.

Via the MPEGAV folder/.dat file of the VCD, you can playback a VCD on the computer with Windows Media Player PROVIDED that the .dat file is set to open with Windows Media Player. For the example cited, for computer playback I do not get the main menu with the two buttons for selecting video # 1 or #2. If I click on the .dat file for video # 1, it plays in Windows Media Player and, when it is finished, it stops. I have to go back to the .dat file of video 2 and click on it before that will play.

If interested, I will explore the route for multiple VCD formats on a CD via Nero for you. But, in the final analysis, you might want to consider getting more resources and thinking "DVD-VIDEO" which would give you a higher quality end product.

ATR

ATR
Old December 7th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Add on to the add on after I saw your post,

With Nero/Nero Vision application/its DVD-VIDEO plugin (which you probably have if you have Nero full version), you have avenues open for more control of menus as well as for obtaining the higher quality DVD-VIDEO end product. It will let you work with VCD as well if you want to do that for any reason.

But, the Photoshop Elements slideshow as wmv is often downgraded for quality reasons (although I have found good quality in many of my VCDs). Integration of Photoshop Elements 5/Premiere Elements 3 or Photoshop Elements 6/Premiere Elements 4 has the perk of offering you a choice of outputs to the DVD-VIDEO that will be produced in Premiere Elements 4. The output choices include "as is, non wmv way" as well as the "wmv way".

ATR