Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Images and Creative Techniques > Share Techniques

Old October 30th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks very much for setting this up, Tami,

It's excellent to provide a place for these. So many times someone will ask something like, "What's this 'Westimom Sketch' people are talking about?" Then it's search, search to try to find a thread to refer him to.

May I humbly suggest that, after anybody post a thread in this forum section with a technique tutorial, we don't jump in filling up the thread with a bunch of "thank you for posting this", and etc. Do that in another thread. Let's keep the tutorials here pretty "clean".

Rusty

Old October 30th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks for this Tami.

And Rusty, I totally agree with you about keeping this line clean.

Toni

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sony A200, Elements 6, CS5, Windows 7
Old November 4th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks so much Tami. This is great keeping everything in one area.
Jancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old November 9th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Casual Forum User

Thanks for this section. I think it will be great to be able to find tuts in an easy way. And I agree with Rusty and others that it would be good to keep this clean - with only tuts and any updates or additions.

Forum member tuts usually come with other stuff - 'I loved your image, how did you do it' or 'i loved your tut, here is my example'. Putting all that on a different thread makes a lot of sense in terms of keeping the 'tut' section clean. But it would be helpful if we could get a sticky on this thread about the best/easiest way for this thread to reference the other and vis versa. I know some folks do that all the time, but some of us aren't sure the best way to do it. And - at the risk of using too much server space - it might even make sense to put a copy of the actual tut into the supporting thread so that it might be easier to ask questions, etc.

thanks again for setting up a specific tut section. that will make things a lot easier.

elizabeth

Old November 14th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Smile Thank you Tami

Great section, and I totally agree with Rusty. We should have two different sections, one for comments and one for tutorials.

PSE6; Nikon D80; Premiere Elements 4.
Old June 13th, 2008, 05:12 PM
New Forum User

Where are the tutorials

Okay, I'm new here but I do not see any tutorials. Where are they?
Thanks
Old June 13th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Denise ..

If you look at the threads in this section you will see some tutorials .. but an easy way is to look at the index links and use the links in that:

Here is the list:

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forum...ad.php?t=32057

Wendy

"

Old June 8th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Casual Forum User

Using Capture

Hello......I'm have finally discovered the cool techniques on this site although I've been a member for awhile. I wasn't sure if this had been covered, but thought I would say that under Windows 8, the Snipping Tool works wonderfully for screen captures. I use it to outline the technique I am interested in and then I save it to my document files under Elements. I just make sure that I do a regular backup of my documents files in case of a computer crash (..touch wood!).
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Senior Contributor

Snipping tool? One of my favorites.

Just wish they would let me go straight to print w/o saving first.
Epson R1900; Epson NX430 Printers
Nikon Coolpix S8200 Camera

Old June 8th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Me to Jan i was looking for that feature today and realized i could not go straight to print.

JUDY windows 7 pro- cs5 on 64bit os