Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old October 26th, 2007, 06:03 PM
New Forum User

Question Why can't I get lower case letters?

Hi all,
Wierd happenings with my PE5. All of a sudden I can only use my text in upper case. (And Yes, I did check my cap locks!)
It happens in every font I use, in every file I open and even tried it with a totally blank new file?
I can't remember doing anything? Where can I check to fix this? This is so annoying and I can't figure it out.

You guys are the greatest.

Lower case challenged,
Connie
Old October 26th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AngelicKim
Connie, did you try resetting the text tool? If you didn't, try that. But usually the best way to fix it is the close Elements. Press and hold Shift+Ctrl+Alt at the same time you reopen Elements. You will get a box asking if you are sure you want to delete your preferences. Click yes. This should take care of it for you. The three buttons at the same time can be tricky, it may take a couple of tries.

Kim
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon Digital Rebel 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, Canon 80-200mm lens, Promaster Spectrum 7 100-300mm lens, Monopod, CS3, Vista, Wacom Tablet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old October 27th, 2007, 09:07 AM
New Forum User

Talking Thanks,

I did try to reset the tools but that didn't work.
If I hold down those buttons it asks me for a catalogue. Do you hold them down when opening the editor or the organizer. My options go to the organizer.
I tried to hold down the shift key when opening the organizer and it rebuilt my design pallette.
Where do you go to reset options?
Thanks again,
Old October 27th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AngelicKim
Connie, sorry about that. I gave you the wrong order in which to use the keys and hold them down the whole time. Hold them and open Editor.
Ctrl+Alt+Shift. Again, it is tricky and sometimes takes several tries.

Here is a page from a thread where someone had the same problem last week and a post how she finally got it. Scroll down to post 28

http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com...ht=caps&page=3

The tool reset is on the tool bar. With the text tool selected, the menu bar above the image shows the text tools, click the the first one and it will give you the option to reset that tool or all tools. Mind you this is different than the above in which you will delete preferences.

Kim

Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon Digital Rebel 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, Canon 80-200mm lens, Promaster Spectrum 7 100-300mm lens, Monopod, CS3, Vista, Wacom Tablet