Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old September 27th, 2005, 10:15 PM
New Forum User

Show Bounding Box???

I'm very new to this and very frustrated with myself. I will be taking a class next week which should help but for now, could someone please tell me what a show bounding box is :?:
On this website there is a tutorial on layers. In the instructions he says to make your image smaller click on the show bounding box? I can't see it, I can't find it, no idea what it looks like.
Sorry to be so slow, I am trying so hard to catch on to photoshop and I'm so anxious to learn everything!
:cry:
Old September 27th, 2005, 11:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi Kathleen - Welcome

When you have the move tool selected - it is the top tool on your tool bar - then a bar opens above your picture called an Options Bar. On that Options bar are two selections. Auto Select Layer and Show Bounding Box.

Hope that helps - let us know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 28th, 2005, 03:57 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Kathleen ...

... and welcome to the forum

Once you have the bounding box option ticked you will then get a box coming up around the item you have on the specific layer ... if you click in one of the corners of the box you will be able to change the scale of the item.. If you move your cursor just outside the corner the cursor will change again and you will be able to rotate the item ..

Do let us know if you need any more help with this

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old September 28th, 2005, 09:19 AM
New Forum User

But I don't know what the bounding box is?? How do I know what it is and what it looks like? Can I see it on my screen? I see something looks like a big square that will have me reshape the picture.
I just can't figure out which tool it is.
Thanks for trying to help me!!!!
Old September 28th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Hi Kathleen - the bounding box is the outline with little square boxes at each corner that you get when you select an image. Try this - Do Edit | Select All and you will see the outline of marching ants and the boxes. That is what he is referring to as the bounding box I think.

Old September 28th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Senior Contributor

Try Ctrl+T ...I right click on an edge of the bounding box for more options...