Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > More > Elements Village Challenges

Old September 2nd, 2007, 12:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Photo theme #98

Get the glare out of your eyes from all the shiny photos of last week, because this week we're going to hit the road. Traffic lights, speed limits, crosswalks, they're all good! Thanks to Lisa for suggesting this week's theme ... road signs.

Bill

The fine print:
Everyone is invited to participate.
Because the purpose of the weekly theme is to get us more familiar with our cameras and to sharpen our photographic skills, entries should be taken during the week of the theme.
Photoshopping is allowed.
To make this thread more manageable to view, please post only your entries in this thread. Post your comments in the accompanying 'comment' thread.
Be creative and have fun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old September 2nd, 2007, 05:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Well, where is everybody? Five hours and I'm first ???

Rusty

Old September 2nd, 2007, 05:51 PM
Senior Contributor

Drats Rusty.... you beat me!

Residential road signs identifying the different properties are common in our rural area; I've always liked this very simple one...

Looks like the Town 's Maintenance Department overlooked this one... Bert's supposed to be hibernating for the winter now. Good grief, could the pole be any older! Better not complain or the taxes will go up...

Old September 3rd, 2007, 04:27 AM
Known Forum User

Old September 3rd, 2007, 08:11 AM
Frequent Contributor

This is a picture that I took in a city park in Waterton, Canada, last summer. I showed it to some of the dogs here in Georgia and they got a good laugh out of it.

Old September 3rd, 2007, 01:39 PM
Known Forum User

Just back from a great hike to Elk Falls. Here is a sign from the trail. We have never heard the siren!

I am also including a favourite sign from the ferry terminal on Galiano. It had been changed to this earlier in the year; the last time we saw it someone had painted in the erased words, and made it much less fun.

Cheers,
Helen

Old September 3rd, 2007, 03:25 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm not sure what this is telling us to do ... or not do. But it looks like something's going to hurt.

Bill

Old September 3rd, 2007, 05:40 PM
Senior Contributor

While not a road sign, it is an off-road sign...

..."on loan" from the U.S. Navy bombing range along CA-78, east of Brawley, California...

"I'm trying to think but nothing happens" - Jerome Horwitz
Old September 3rd, 2007, 07:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Great ones so far, Bill -I think I'd rather hula-hoop across the street instead of forgetting my front wheel.
This is from last evening, it's no doubt crowded now, hope no cars fall thru that gap between the ramp and the ferry.

PET Gallery

Old September 3rd, 2007, 07:29 PM

The clay around here is notorious and the original roads were impassable in the spring and after heavy rain. The main routes got planked (with wooden planks) and later asphalted or gravelled but a few of the old clay roads are left and still deserve a warning. This one has been improved in places but still has a warning sign and when the roads all got named not that many years ago whoever did it had a sense of humour and called it Fairweather Road.

Tony