Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old September 1st, 2007, 06:22 AM
New Forum User

Two photos, one frame?

A difficult problem for a non-techo, new-to-techology person like me! Probably soooo simple for many others!

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 and wish to put two different photos in one frame (i.e. one below the other). I'm sure it's possible . . . but how???

Many thanks.
Old September 1st, 2007, 07:00 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ...

... and welcome to the forum

Just create a new file file>New>File and make it large enough to take both photos then copy and paste them both into it.

You will then be able to put a frame around them both

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old September 1st, 2007, 07:39 AM
New Forum User

Two pictures, one frame

Hello Wendy,

Many thanks for speedy repy - and your welcome to this forum.

I know I'm a lost cause (technically speaking) but . . . .

In Editor I've gone to File>New>Blank File, no prob. Then Copy picture (tried this from My Pictures & Adobe Elements My Catalog), but then no facility on Edit (or right click) to Paste.

Sorry to be such a pain but I can only cope with an Idiot's Guide!

Thanks again.
Old September 1st, 2007, 09:56 AM
Known Forum User

dande,
Not sure whether you are wanting to put a digital frame around 2 pictures, or do you want to print pictures then frame?
If printing then framing-- you will need your blank file to be the dimensions of the frame to be placed in.
In Editor
1. click CTRL+n This will open new file window. Choose Width and Height and Resolution (maybe 300). Color Mode> RGB Background Contents > (probably White) click OK.
2. Open the two pictures .
There should now be showing in the Photo Bin (thumbnails at the bottom of the work area) the Blank file plus the two pictures to put on blank file.
3.Click on the picture to be at top, it will open in work area--choose the Move Tool (top one) click and hold cursor in center of picture and drag to Blank File in Photo Bin. Hold down Shift Key and drag corner of dotted line to re-size picture (The Shift key will keep proper dimensions while dragging) click on center dot to reposition. Click the checkmark at top to accept changes.
3. Click on 2nd picture in photo bin and drag it onto your last effort and repeat above steps.
4. Go to Layers (at top) and choose Flatten Image.
Now you are ready to Print.
Below is an example of the above instructions.

doug

Old September 1st, 2007, 11:00 AM
New Forum User

Two pictures, one frame

Hi Douglas,

Very many thanks. It's amazing what even I can achieve with some help!

Just one other query, if you can bear it! I have the two pictures in one file frame ready for printing. By going to Select>All>Select>Modify>Border I can place a bvorder around the outside edge of the two photos, BUT, is it possible toiplace a horizintal line between the to to separate them?

Sorry - and thanks again.
Old September 1st, 2007, 11:22 AM
Known Forum User

dande,
You could use the Pencil tool to draw a line between the two.
1. Under View (at top) choose Grid.
2. Select the Pencil tool and use Hard - change Size to width you want- check Opacity.
3. Hold down Shift key and click on a grid line to extreme left, while still holding Shift key go to extreme right on same grid line and click. You should now have a straight dividing line
You can go back and uncheck Grid so it doesn't show on following photos.
Edit:
Use the Eyedropper tool to sample the color of the border if you want the seperation line to be same color.

doug