Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Images and Creative Techniques > Show Your Work

Old August 21st, 2007, 12:32 AM
Known Forum User

Send a message via Yahoo to ronstelzy
More Filter Fun

Pick a picture you want to work with and adjust the lighting, color and sharpness to your liking. This doesn't have to be a perfectly composed or sharp shot. Crop, if necessary, to get rid of any dead space. Now the fun -

Filters>Brush Strokes>Cross Hatch
Play with the Stroke Length & Sharpness levers any way you want to. Then -

Filters>Artistic>Dry Brush
Adjust Brush Size & Brush Detail to your liking.

If you don't like the creation just zap it and start again.
Please share your winners with us and add any new twists
that you come up with.

Hhttp://www.flamingpear.com/download.html Here's a source for some great plug-ins

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 21st, 2007, 10:59 AM
Senior Contributor

Ron, thanks for the continuation of your ideas of Filter Fun,
it is fun

Rusty

Old August 21st, 2007, 12:22 PM
Casual Forum User

That's fun. I wondered what the crosshatching did, so I tried the dry brush without the crosshatching first, and what a difference! I got carried away and did two, hope it's okay to post them both.

Old August 21st, 2007, 04:03 PM
Casual Forum User

Send a message via AIM to tootie501
Thanks for the fun idea. I can see that I need to explore this further. To me, this picture looks like one of those paint-by-numbers projects I used to do as a girl!

Old August 21st, 2007, 06:12 PM
Known Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2close View Post
That's fun. I wondered what the crosshatching did, so I tried the dry brush without the crosshatching first, and what a difference! I got carried away and did two, hope it's okay to post them both.

Why don't you start a gallery and put them in it?

Old August 21st, 2007, 07:07 PM
Known Forum User

This is a great technique, Ron. Thank you!

This is a cute little Westie we encountered while playing golf in Las Vegas. I wanted to steal him!

PSE 8 * PE 7 * CS2 * Vista Ultimate 32-bit * Panasonic Lumix fz18 * Nikon D60 * Nikon D300s
Old August 21st, 2007, 08:27 PM
Casual Forum User

Ron, thanks for the comment and suggestion. It's probably hard for lots of us just starting out to know whether we should start a gallery and even what to put there, but just a nudge from someone we respect can be the incentive we need.

Old August 21st, 2007, 09:46 PM
Known Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2close View Post
Ron, thanks for the comment and suggestion. It's probably hard for lots of us just starting out to know whether we should start a gallery and even what to put there, but just a nudge from someone we respect can be the incentive we need.
We all started not too long ago and we all had questions and got answers from other people that enjoy helping. I gave someone fits before I got my signature right. If you take the initiative to learn you will find unlimited support here, from both the professionally prepared materials and from us advanced amateurs.

Old August 21st, 2007, 10:34 PM
New Forum User

Nice Technique

Thanks Ron!

JonJon

Old August 22nd, 2007, 08:55 PM
Known Forum User

Day Lily

Here's my effort. This is a fun effect!