Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old August 7th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Frequent Contributor

Photo Effect Cookbook

Ater seeing all the wonderful watercolors that been the forum the past days,
I ordered Photoshop Photo Effects Cookbook by Tim Shelbourne. The book arrived yesterday and I spent the evening reading. Today I going to start playing with some of the recipes.

I love the way the book presents step-by-step instructions and lots of great tips. A plus is you can download the photos he has in the book for working the recipes of different effects.

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to GaryK
John

It is a great book. Most of the effects are pretty transferable, and the ones that are different, make you think about workarounds...a great way to learn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old August 7th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Enlightened Elder

Hi John ...

I have had it since it first came out ... and I love it !!

Wendy

"

Old August 7th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Known Forum User

Workarounds

I don't have the book with me at work right now (yes, I really am working), but I think we're talking about the same book. Anyway, I've had difficulty trying to come up with a PE5 method for his sketch effect of the violin. Any suggestions?

Old August 7th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Senior Contributor

I had ordered it and it's in the mail! Can't wait to get it!
EF 100mm/f2.8 Macro USM
50mm f/1.4 USM

Old August 7th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Frequent Contributor

Hi Norma,

Your going to enjoy your new purchase. Well back to reading my cookbook.

John

Old August 7th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Frequent Contributor

I just put it on my wish list at Amazon, they have it for 19 bucks

Rob's new website

Old August 7th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Jerrilyn ..

Have you installed Grant's tools ??

... its far easier if you do

Wendy

"

Old August 7th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpendragon View Post
I just put it on my wish list at Amazon, they have it for 19 bucks
That's where I just ordered it!
EF 100mm/f2.8 Macro USM
50mm f/1.4 USM

Old August 7th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Hey, show us something cool from the book
Kimh

Kimh
Im not crazy, I'm just a little unwell