Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > More > Elements Village Challenges

Old August 7th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Frequent Contributor

Just the view on my screen while I try to make things fit in PSE.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
QUILLABEE9
I ALWAYS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO GROW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old August 7th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Known Forum User

Yard marker on the course I played today.

Old August 8th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Senior Contributor

The Ministry of Natural Resources' daily measure and posting of the fire hazard.

The additional syllabics are Oji-Cree for the significant Native population in the area.

Old August 8th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Frequent Contributor

Thought I'd try a second one. It requires a bit of an explanation, unless, of course, you hapened to have been a young field engineer in the Corps of Engineeers. An old war horse of an NCO taught me this in Germany way back in about circa 1962 before we had laser measuring devices and GPS. We sometimes needed to get a quick determination of the width of a river or other wide gap that we essentially couldn't simply walk across. So, we would lower the brim on our hat so that we could site to the other side. Keeping that alignment of our eyes and our hat brim, we would make a right turn and spot a position at the same alignment on our side, and proceed to pace off the distance. Now, of course all good combat engineers know what their pace (two full steps) distance is (mine's about 5 feet), so you get a reasonably accurate measure of the gap. and can order up the bridge company to bring what you need to build a bridge. It has actually worked in some of my civilian pursuits. My kids were impressed when they were young. Not so much now. Oh well, there's always the grand and greatgrandkids.

QUILLABEE9
I ALWAYS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO GROW

Old August 8th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Senior Contributor

I think this entry is a record for me...

"I'm trying to think but nothing happens" - Jerome Horwitz
Old August 11th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to GaryK
Location,location, location.

My B'day pressie... Tony made me get it.