Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old August 4th, 2007, 01:15 AM
New Forum User

Photo block - how to?

I am new to PSe, but not new to photo editing. I have been using Digital Image Suite, by Microsoft for quite a while and really enjoy it. I see some things done with PS that just can't be done with DIS - so I am determined to learn!

I saw some fantastic images in the gallery, and was wondering if there were turtorials for them somewhere. I have tried searching - to no avail.

The images I am most interested in learning the technique for are from JenClark

http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com...g.php?id=23435

Any help pointing me in this direction would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old August 4th, 2007, 02:02 AM
Known Forum User

There are many tutorials here, both video and written, some by our hosts (KW Media) and some by other member/subscribers. Most of the tutorials available will be in the subscriber area, including some of the techniques you were looking at in the gallery area.

I know that $49 sounds like a lot for a 'pig-in-a-poke' where you can see what you get for the money. But it really is a great value. At this point there are 200 short video tutorials and many written ones. Plus, you get a magazine-type newsletter with even more tutorials mailed to you 8 times a year--all for about the same price you would pay for just about any one computer software book in a bookstore. This is put together by the same folks who publish Photoshop User Magazine, except our newletter has better paper. Cheaper than a class; cheaper than a one-day quickie seminar and cheaper than months of frustration. I don't work for the company, but was someone who hemmed and hawed about subscribing for months, myself, and it is my personal recommendation. Oh, I almost forgot. Subscribing will get you your own gallery too.

Vicki
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 4th, 2007, 02:55 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Barb ...

... and welcome to the forum

As Vicki said it really is worth subscribing ... there are so many techniques covered in the tutorials. If you go to this page and scroll down a little you will see some sample tutorials ..

http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/index.php

Wendy

"

Old August 4th, 2007, 09:24 AM
New Forum User

Thanks

I did subscribe last night - I also thought it would be a great resource! I have spend a little time browsing the forums and it looks fantastic.

I did figure out I needed to purchase "BoxIt" (and I did, ) to be able to make that effect. I need to work more to get it just right - but I did get it installed and fiddled with it a bit last night.

Thanks for all your replys!

Barb
Old August 4th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Barb ...

Do post some images when you have done them ... and if you need any help setting up your Gallery then just let us know

Wendy

"

Old August 4th, 2007, 10:02 AM
New Forum User

Thanks Wendy - It might be a bit before I am ready to post images! I need to start with the basics - trying to relearn things. Many things are similar to Digital Image Suite - just different terminology.

My 14 DD is using PSe now too - I am sure she will be leaps and bounds ahead of me - those kids just figure things out so fast. It is fun having her work on it too - we both learn new things that way.

I really enjoy photography, although I am very much a novice. It is fun to see everyones pictures. It really opens up a whole new world of ideas!

I am using a Canon S3 now and love that camera.
Old August 4th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Senior Contributor

If you haven't looked at Panos's website for actions, go there and take a look. Panos does some terrific stuff and many are free.
http://www.panosfx.com/index.php?opt...=142&Itemid=47
I like to try to do most effects by myself (I enjoy the journey more than the destination), but Panos takes the repetitive stuff and makes it easy -- like puzzles.
Canon Pro9000 printer; Epson Perfection 2580 Photo scanner
Canon Digital Rebel XSi, 75-300mm IS lens, 28-135mm IS lens, 60mm macro lens, a set of extender rings, AND a 70-200 L lens
Nikon Coolpix P100
and an iphone that I'm learning to use

Old August 4th, 2007, 10:46 AM
New Forum User

Thanks Jo - I was looking a little at the Panos site last night. I feel like I am totally lost right now, LOL!! There is a light at the end of the tunnel though - it does make a little sense. You all are great.
Old August 4th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to smiles
Hello and welcome Barb, I hope we get to see some images soon!