Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > More > Elements Village Challenges

Old July 11th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Senior Contributor

Talking PET. Creative Homework (week #25)

Good Morning boys and girls. It's hump day again.

As always this assignment is open to EVERYONE who is reading the forum.
We had so many participate last week, I need to take a moment and say Thank You!
You did a wonderful job! I hope this week we get as many students.

Remember.... if you see an image that you like. Please let your fellow students know about it in the comment thread. Everyone likes a pat on the back.
Have Fun!!

This weeks homework was provided by Suzi. Thank you Miss Suzi.
It contains a few tools we don't always play with.
We will be making a Digital Flower.
Remember... make it your own, there is not right or wrong way to play.

http://www.anythingphotoshop.com/digital-flower/

Here is a link to the comment thread.
http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com...834#post278834

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~kimi~

Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

shoots a Nikon D800.
Old July 11th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Senior Contributor

Well my hair and make-up are still not done but I did work on the flower.

I didn't think mine looked very much like a flower so...

I found a daisy and added it in on soft light. Made some little yellow centers out of a selection from the original flower. Changed that blend mode on those also.
Had to add a little grunge along the edges.

The frame is one I made. If anyone would like the PNG file, send me a PM with your e-mail address. I would be happy to send it to you.

~kimi~

Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

shoots a Nikon D800.
Old July 11th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AngelicKim
Here is my first attempt. Chance came out just as I finished and said it was really cool. He said it would be a cool firework. Had to ad one of Wendy's fairies at the last second.

Kim

Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon Digital Rebel 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, Canon 80-200mm lens, Promaster Spectrum 7 100-300mm lens, Monopod, CS3, Vista, Wacom Tablet

Old July 11th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Casual Forum User

couldn't get the same results so I used eraser around middle at low opacity an used vivid light instead.

Old July 11th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Frequent Contributor

This is an interesting effect. I think I'll have to try another one. Here's the first one:

Anita

Old July 11th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Frequent Contributor

Wow, another fun one. Instead of adding the effects into the same layer, I duplicated the layers as I went and viola, created three different stunning flowers. Used Hot Pink as my background and applied a photofilter over the top layer of lime green to create a yellowish color and erased the petals and background. And another...instead of 500x500, I did 3600x3600 at 300ppi..that my "rendering clouds" very different from the tutorial.Thanks Kimi-Boo I love this homework, too!!!! Thanks Suzi, too!!

"DRINK COFFEE....Do stupid things faster with more energy."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old July 11th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to smiles
Oh I enjoyed this one! Here is my first attempt, but I'm off to play alittle more with it!

Old July 11th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Frequent Contributor

Here's another:

Anita

Old July 11th, 2007, 12:57 PM

Another fun way to play . Tried a radial gradient fill instead of the solid colour. Didn't much like what the tutorial did to the centre so orbed the whole thing and pasted the centre of the orb into the middle of the "flower". Might just have to try another

Tony
Old July 11th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Mine did not look quite like the tutorial-not as much like a flower. I'll have to try some other things with this. Making a frame for it was fun.
Martha

PSE 7,
HP with Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 Bit
Rebel XTi 400D, Bamboo Fun