Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Archives > Online Training (forum is closed to posting)

Old May 3rd, 2007, 08:39 AM
Senior Contributor

Corey Barker Podcast 5/2/2007 Lighting Effects

Since I reported last week about podcast viewing problems, I thought it only fair to report good news.

This lastest video tutorial "Lighting Effects" (again in the QuickTime .mov format) downloaded very well from iTunes as well as from this web site. The video/audio playback was good, and the content interesting.

ATR
Old May 3rd, 2007, 09:07 AM

ATR: That's strange - I don't usually have any any problems but today I am - both with that one and Matt's Photoshop Killer Tip. They get stuck while downloading in i-tunes. Maybe there's a rotating black-out policy in effect

Tony
Old May 3rd, 2007, 09:16 AM
Senior Contributor

Tony W

What happens if you down MK's from http://www.photoshopkillertips.com and CB's from this web site? Do you have the same downloading problems today?

In spite of rather frequent updates of its software by i-Tunes, I find that it does have its unique happenings.

For now, I will blame this on me for being a jinx with this Thread.

ATR
Old May 3rd, 2007, 09:27 AM
Enlightened Elder

ATR ...

So its all your fault

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old May 3rd, 2007, 09:54 AM

ATR: Tried again and they downloaded fine so must have been one of those i-Tunes moments

Tony
Old May 3rd, 2007, 10:37 AM
Senior Contributor

I downloaded Corey's two latest podcasts from iTunes yesterday and when I tried to play them, they were strange colors and pixelated and no sound. So I deleted them and am going to try again today.

Diana

Itís not happy people who are thankful, itís thankful people who are happy.

~ Canon 5D Mark II ~ Canon Rebel XTi ~ EF70-200 f/2.8L ~ EF85 f/1.8 ~ EF24-70 f/2.8 ~ EF 24-105 f4 L IS ~ EF 50mm f/1.8 II ~ Canon PowerShot S95 ~ Canon PowerShot SX50 HS ~ Windows 7 ~ PSE 11 & 12 ~ PS CC ~ Lightroom5 ~ Pro Show Producer ~ Corel Painter X ~ Printers: Canon Pixma Pro9500 Mark II, HP Deskjet 882C, HP LaserJet 1200 ~
Old May 3rd, 2007, 12:47 PM
Known Forum User

Thumbs up

I didn't have any problems at all downloading this podcast but I just wanted to give Corey a great big KUDOS! for sharing such a cool and useful technique. (not that the other ones weren't ) but I just think this one was very nice and different.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old May 3rd, 2007, 02:10 PM
Casual Forum User

i can't seem to get the 'layered effects' podcast to play, i downloaded the file to my desktop but then when i tried to open it i got an error saying it wasn't a .mov file .. so next i tried to downloading through itunes and i received this error 'there was a problem adding 'layered effects' to ITunes. The file might be corrupted or a file type that ITunes cannot play.' any help would be appreciated

Old May 3rd, 2007, 02:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Pinkpepper,

I'm having EXACTLY the same problems as you. Either I get an error message telling me it's not a .mov file, or this message:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

Also tried through iTunes & that wouldn't work either

Bayla

and

Old May 3rd, 2007, 02:30 PM
Casual Forum User

and here i was ready to toss the computer through the window, good to know there are others with this problem. i have downloaded the latest quicktime, and i do believe i have the newest itunes as well, so i don't know what could be the problem