Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old April 21st, 2007, 09:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Okefenokee-(Not Elements Related)

I live in GA and a place I love to visit is on the verge of being destroyed by a wild fire. The North entrance to Okefenokee Swamp which is a 400,000 acre wildlife reserve is in danger. A raging fire is one mile from the north entrance and destroying everything it gets near. Please say a prayer for the fire fighters and the beautiful wildlife area. Also a small town is in danger also, the fire has already burnt most of the town.

If you look close, you will see a gater about half way from the top, a leaf is pointing to his eye.

Interesting article: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/n...wildfires.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSE6; Nikon D80; Premiere Elements 4.
Old April 21st, 2007, 09:35 PM
Frequent Contributor

Charlotte,
It would be a trajedy to lose any of this natural treasure.
Chas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 21st, 2007, 09:39 PM
Senior Contributor

I know. I am very worried. It is such a beautiful place. Its like stepping back in time. Keep you fingers crossed they can control the fire.

Old April 21st, 2007, 09:59 PM
Senior Contributor

I love that area and do agree it is a national treasure. I spent a couple days there in 1989 and found it an amazing place. I do hope the fires can be contained or at least minimized.
okee.jpg

At Okefenokee, used in a Grant's Challenge awhile back

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing-after they've tried everything else.

-Winston Churchill-
Old April 21st, 2007, 10:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh, Charlotte, that's really bad news. It's not getting any news play up here. I guess Alex Baldwin being a nasty person is more newsworthy. I camped out there over a weekend when I was a Boy Scout -- way, way long ago.

Rusty

Old April 21st, 2007, 10:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to smiles
It is a beautiful place. I worked in the Waycross area for 3 years, we have visited The Okefenokee Swamp many times during my childhood it has always amazed me. I was just watching the WTOC News (Savannah) Now it has burned over 45,000 acres there. It is just a terrible thing to witness, I was working only 3 miles away from the swamp when it burned the last time.
smiles
Old April 22nd, 2007, 02:05 AM
Enlightened Elder

Do keep us updated Charlotte

Wendy

"

Old April 22nd, 2007, 02:42 AM
Senior Contributor

to have the news on Sandiego on line....... Ihope for the best for all the people & animals that live there....

"I will laugh in the face of shallow depth of field; I will harness all available light with super-fast aperture lenses; I will handhold my 200/1.8 wide open and smile." --Anonymous unemployed concert photographer

IMAC-PSE 9, LR & CS5 Pentax K-7
Old April 22nd, 2007, 08:19 AM
Senior Contributor

It's a tough one. I do hope it gets contained soon!
Winds from it have blown down Fla. way too. We're getting a lot of its
coverage.
m
PSP x3

My Scrapbook galleries

and
Old April 22nd, 2007, 03:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Still not looking good

Still doesn't look too good for the Okefenokee right now but the news said the animals were not in danger yet. Below is a link to a website where they are in need of volunteers and donations if anyone knows of a service or local group that could help. Thanks for all your concern. For those who have visited the park it has a lasting impression.

Requesting food donations for firefighters. Scroll down to end of page for list of things the fire fighters need:
http://www.cbs47.com/news/local/stor...5-e590a05a20b6