Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old August 11th, 2005, 01:27 PM
New Forum User

Send a message via AIM to mhtaylor Send a message via Yahoo to mhtaylor
Adding Copyright info to IPTC meta-data to multiple files

Long time listener, first time caller.

A quick introduction; until a few months ago, when I bought my first DSLR and wanted to use a RAW workflow, I used ThumbsPlus and PhotoShop 7 for my digital imaging organizing and processing. After buying a new camera and some new glass I couldn't really afford CS2 so I thought I might use Elements 3 until I could. I now appreciate the power of Elements and may never go back to full blown PS.

On to the question; I want to add copyright information and urls in the IPTC meta-data for multiple files. I can do this through the standard editor for an individual file but this method will take forever for the number of files I need to add this information to. Is there a way to add copyright IPTC data to multiple files at once?

Regards - Martin
Old August 11th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Casual Forum User

If you use the File Browser (FB) it is pretty straight forward. First, click on one image and from the FB's File menu choose File Info.
Complete all the details you want in the metadata, and then look up in the top right corner for the little arrow. Click on it and choose Save Metadata Template (and name your template).
Then click once on every other photo in the FB and in the Metadata "pane" use the More menu and choose Replace <yournamehere> (your template name would show up here). All the selected images will be updated with the new info.
Even better, you can save multiple metadata templates and apply the one you want.
Old August 11th, 2005, 06:12 PM
New Forum User

Send a message via AIM to mhtaylor Send a message via Yahoo to mhtaylor
Thanks - a couple of further IPTC data questions:

If I create a meta-tag template and it has no value for one particluar field. When I apply that template to an image that has a value for the said, same field will it remove that information?

Is there some way to automatically update every image I edit woth IPTC copywrite information (I always forget to do it otherwise)?

Regards - Martin
Old August 11th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to GaryK
Dave

How about a tut on all this meta-giga-hyper info stuff???

I know its there...but no idea :roll: :roll:

Thanks,
Gary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.