Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old March 28th, 2007, 11:05 AM
New Forum User

Angry Save, Error Message, Could not complete your request because of program error

Help!!! I have been using Photoshop Elements 5 since last summer with no problems. All of a sudden, after I have edited a picture, it won't let me save it. The error message reads, "Could not complete your request because of a program error."

I have PE 4 on my computer, and it saves as usual.

I put in the original disk and began to reinstall.

It asked if I wanted to correct and fix errors or something like that. After I reinstalled, the program still gives me the same error message. This is a BIG problem as I have a lot of pictures to edit and I am styimed.

C.
Old March 28th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Frequent Contributor

Do you use the organizer? If you do, I would try a File->Catalog->Recover in the organizer first. If that's not it, then you may need to do a Reset Preferences. As you start the Editor, press and hold Ctrl-Alt-Shift. When you get the dialog box asking you if you want to reset, click okay or yes. If you didn't get the dialog box, you weren't fast enough, and will need to try again.

-Trish
Old March 28th, 2007, 11:31 AM
New Forum User

Save, "Could not complete your request because of parogram error"

I tired Recover in the Organizer. Did not solve problem.

I tried Ctrl-Alt-Shift but did not get the dialog box.

Do I have to close down the program and start over to do this?

If I am in Organizer, and go to Program Edit with a file being edited that I can't save, would it work then, or must I close down, start all over without a pix in the edit file? Help!
Old March 28th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Frequent Contributor

Yes, you will have to close Elements and try again.

Another option. Exit PSE completely (organizer and editor) You will have to have "Show Hidden Files" set in Windows Explorer to do this. (Go to Tools->Folder Options, Select the "View" tab, and select "Show Hidden Files and Folders".) Now, in Windows Explorer, go to C:\Documents and Settings\[your login]\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\ and rename the 5.0 folder 5.0.old. Then restart PSE and see if you can save a photo.

-Trish