Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Images and Creative Techniques > Digital Scrapbooking

Old March 28th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Senior Contributor

Four 12x12 Templates

I was playing around making templates last night. Some of these are a little funky, and most are pretty simple. But I'd thought I'd share in case anyone can make any use out of them.

Instructions for saving:
Click on the thumbnail to go to the larger version, then right click and do a "save as", and save it where ever you keep you scrapping items. (These are not meant to be added into the PSE program).

Quote:
Instructions for use:
1. To create a scrapbook page, open the template, photos, and paper you plan to use.
2. Get the Magic Wand tool and make sure "contiguous" is checked in the Options bar
3. Choose the photo you want to use and choose "Select>All" (shortcut: ctrl "A") to put a selection outline around the picture.
4. Choose "Edit>copy" (ctrl "C") to copy the picture (or paper)
5. Click on the template document to select it and then click on the area you wish to replace with the magic wand to to select that area.
6. Create a new layer (ctrl J), select that layer - hold down the ctrl key and click on the icon
7. Choose "Edit > "paste into selection" to paste the photo/paper into the selection - do not deselect yet.
8. Resize or move the photo as needed, when you are satisfied with the placement then do "Select > deselect"
9. Repeat the above steps to fill the page (I usually start from the background paper and then add photos)
10. Add embellishments and titles and journeling.

Helpful hints:
1. You can change the color of borders by selecting them and then recoloring with the paint bucket tool.
2. Since these are square layouts you can rotate them and get a whole new look!
3. If there is an element you don't want to use, you can use the paint bucket to fill it with the background color, and it disappears.
If you do use these, I'd love to see what you create!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blogs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old March 28th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Senior Contributor

Jane,

How fun! Thank you for sharing your work with us!

A good snapshot stops a moment from running away. ~Eudora Welty

Old March 28th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Great job Jane, Thanks for sharing.
m
PSP x3

My Scrapbook galleries

and
Old March 28th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Frequent Contributor

Jane,
Once again we owe you a big THANKS.

QUILLABEE9
I ALWAYS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO GROW

Old March 28th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Those are very cool - and your instructions for using them are right on.

Thanks for sharing.

UPDATE
Epson R1900; Epson NX430 Printers
Nikon Coolpix S8200 Camera

Old March 28th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Four more...

Thanks everyone! Janice that looks awesome! Love how you made it your own!!

I'm supposed to be working on my son's baby book - I'm a few months behind, but I just can't seem to get in a good groove, so I'm back to making templates, since sometimes that helps me with scrappers block...

Here are a few more....

This one is just so sixties...

A variation on the one above

Hint: Use the recolor brush to change the ribbon color

Enjoy!

Edit: Argh - that is annoying. I'm not sure why the thumbnails aren't showing up. The resolution should be low enough.

My Blogs:

Old March 28th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm not a scrapbooker. I learned Elements to use in making greeting cards. But I couldn't resist popping some photos into your template.

BTW - the way Pixentral works -

The reason it got all black in the thumbnail is because it probably was transparent in between the black lines and the thumbnails show up with black in the transparent areas. So black lines on transparency would equal completely black thumbnails.

Old March 28th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Huh - there wasn't anything transparent in the templates, and they open up fine when you click on the thumbnail.

I'd keep trying to figure out how to get it to work, but I really need to go mow the lawn while we still have a bit of sunshine left.

My Blogs:

Old March 28th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Senior Contributor

strange about the thumbnails

I'll try it

Same result for me

Maybe it has something to do with the size of the picture on Pixentral - but then again - the other ones were that large also - and their thumbnails posted all right.

Old March 28th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AngelicKim
Jane, thanks so much again for the great templates. You know I love your templates and downloaded them all. I have a folder just for your templates. Thanks again.

Kim

Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon Digital Rebel 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, Canon 80-200mm lens, Promaster Spectrum 7 100-300mm lens, Monopod, CS3, Vista, Wacom Tablet