Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old March 24th, 2007, 11:27 AM
New Forum User

Question "Edit in Progress" and lock symbol-what does this mean

I have followed the directions in Scott Kelby's book on Elements 5 to the letter regarding Photo Quick Fix. However, when I get to the final step after editing my pictures to leave the Quick Fix mode-he advises in Step 8 (page 120) to click on the Full Edit button in the left hand corner of the task bar, my picture suddenly reads "edit in Progress" and a picture of a lock appears. This is not mentioned in the book. What does this mean? I intend that my editing is complete; why the 'edit in progress" notation? What does the lock symbol mean? If I send the picture for printing will they be printing the before or after editing version of the picture? I certainly only want to print the edited version. I am sure this is a simplistic question as I only own this Program and a digital camera for one week. Thanks in advance for any answers you can give me.
Old March 24th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to GaryK
Hi Martin

Welcome to the forums.

You must be seeing the lock and bar in the organizer. At least I hope so . That is the only way I can duplicate it.

All it means is that you have a photo open in the main editor.

I usually print from the main editor but my guess would be, that all will be fine, if it lets you print a locked image from the organizer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old March 24th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Known Forum User

Usually means that you did not "close" the picture when you left the editor. In the editor when you are done with the picture, go to File then select Close from the drop down menu. You will get a save dialog box. If you already save your changes select no. That should do it.