Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Archives > Wish List (forum is closed to posting)

Old February 13th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Casual Forum User

Send a message via MSN to Medic1210 Send a message via Yahoo to Medic1210
My Wish List

I have just started using PS Elements. I have used Paint Shop Pro for a few years now, so I have a good idea of what features can be had for this price point. Paint Shop Pro has a lot more features for the money than PSE5 does. I would love to see the following additions.

Channel Mixer
Curves Adjustment Layer
True Layer Masks
The ability to record actions
Vector functionality (Vector Layers and Vector Tools)
The ability to open files from other programs (Like PSP) I can open any file (including .psd) with Paint Shop Pro, and have all the layers and layer settings in tact. I wish I could open a .pspimg file from Paint Shop.
Color Histogram

These are just a few of the things I would like to see in future Elements editions. Then again, if it could do all that, it might hurt the sales of the big PS program. Still, these features are included in PSP at roughly the same price point, so I think Adobe should follow suit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old February 13th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AngelicKim
Mike, you should get Grant's Tools for PSE5. Most of your wish list in in there. There is a thread that has a link to the most update version, I will find it for you and post it.

Oops, I see someone has already given you that link.

Kim
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon Digital Rebel 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, Canon 80-200mm lens, Promaster Spectrum 7 100-300mm lens, Monopod, CS3, Vista, Wacom Tablet

Old February 13th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Casual Forum User

Send a message via MSN to Medic1210 Send a message via Yahoo to Medic1210
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicKim View Post
Mike, you should get Grant's Tools for PSE5. Most of your wish list in in there. There is a thread that has a link to the most update version, I will find it for you and post it.

Oops, I see someone has already given you that link.
Yeah, they have. I haven't looked into how they are actually integrated into the program though. At first glance, it looks like they're tucked into the layer styles area. Still, features like being able to record actions and work with vector objects aren't in those tools. Would be nice to see them included into PSE6 when it comes out. Probably wishful thinking though.

Old February 13th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Senior Contributor

I don't know, but I imagine that those features such as being able to record actions will always remain just within the full version of Photoshop.

and

Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:50 PM
Casual Forum User

Burning issue

How about abllity to burn DVD's ?
Its in Prem Elements
Why not PSE
Old February 23rd, 2007, 05:28 PM
Enlightened Elder

Didn't it used to be in Elements and they removed it ??

Wendy

"

Old February 23rd, 2007, 06:04 PM

Wendy: I think Brian means DVD videos (from slide shows) - that's never been in Elements but you can burn DVD's

Tony
Old February 23rd, 2007, 07:15 PM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Tony ..

Thank you ...

Wendy

"

Old February 24th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Casual Forum User

Yes thats what I meant

Burning Slideshows to DVD
However I did not realise that image files could be burned to DVD thought it would be CD as S/shows

Thats useful info

Brian
Old March 8th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Senior Contributor

I know I'm gonna put my 2 cents in...but if we keep asking for more things in PE, isn't it going to end up being Photoshop? Hope I'm explaining myself in order to be understood. Isn't Photoshop Elements supposed to be a less expension version that naturally would not have all the bells and whistles that Photoshop would have for the price. I can understand some of the "wants" I guess, but I'm just happy that it has sooo much great stuff in it now! I think it's great as it is. Sorry, that's just my opinion.
EF 100mm/f2.8 Macro USM
50mm f/1.4 USM