Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > More > Elements Village Challenges

Old January 19th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Photo theme #66

Sounds like a bunch of people are ready to be challenged, so I'll post this a bit early.

Time for a walk down memory lane ... the week's theme is Retro! (As I'm at work, the starter image is from istockphoto)

Bill

The fine print:
Because the purpose of the weekly theme is to get us more familiar with our cameras and to sharpen our photographic skills, entries should be taken during the week of the theme.
Photoshopping is allowed.
To make this thread more manageable to view, please post only your entries in this thread. Post your comments in the accompanying 'comment' thread.
Be creative and have fun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old January 20th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via MSN to karen donnybrook
I'm first, I'm first
I can't decide which one I like the most, so I am putting both in

Taken with natural light and

taken with a flash. This is an old kerosene lamp that was used by my in-laws, I have had it for nearly 40 years.

Karen

My room at the
and my corner in

Old January 20th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Senior Contributor

OK, I'll follow Karen's lead and post two as well this time.

This was my mother's camera; it became my first camera at about age 12. Yep, that's me at age 1 -- picture taken with this camera Look at the lens, there are a surprising choice of settings: f/6.3 to f/32. The shutter, however, only goes up to 1/100th

For the youngsters on the forum, here's a more recent retro My wife bought this new in 1960 when she went off to Germany to teach children in Army schools.

Rusty

Old January 20th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Known Forum User

We had some old San Francisco Chronicle's from 1942 to 53. The background paper is March 13, 1944. The ads came from several of the others.

I thought that maybe the women viewing this would get a kick out of these, hope that is ok.

Old January 20th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Frequent Contributor

Does this qualify as retro? I'm never quite sure, being retro myself.

Rita
Old January 21st, 2007, 03:35 PM
Senior Contributor

So hard to choose since I love old stuff so here are two. The first is an old drive in here in town (Boomers) that has car hop service.

The second is two old thrift/antique/consignment shops that recently had to close their doors. Upscale condos are going in at their location. I love the name "Eartha Kitty's." The bike in the stairway is an extra retro bonus.

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing-after they've tried everything else.

-Winston Churchill-
Old January 21st, 2007, 04:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Some baseball memorabilia from the Braves during their stint in Milwaukee. Some of the players at the time were Henry Aaron, Eddie Matthews, Warren Spahn, Andy Pafko (always my mom's favorite), and many other greats. Radio broadcasts of the games were always on in our house. The team was in the World Series twice during the Milwaukee years ... winning in '57 and losing in '58 ... both times to the (still) hated Yankees.

Bill

Old January 21st, 2007, 06:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Ohhhh - I can't resist. The days of debutantes and Military Ball's are not around anymore but I just found this photo this morning for something.
May 1961 - I am far right. I have to admit we had a LOT of fun.

Shari
Sorry I was just looking at some other posts and realized this was supposed to be a photo - daaah - I haven't been around here for a while and I just thought what have I got retro - and had this photo from this morning -so sorry I will try to think of something else.

Nikon D7100, 18-200 VR, 35mm f/1.8, 50 mm f1.4, Speedlite SB600
Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 4

iMac, Macbook Pro
Old January 21st, 2007, 07:19 PM
Senior Contributor

I was looking for this for last week's entry but it fits for this too and I could bring it up to Steven's lounge.

PET Gallery

Old January 22nd, 2007, 07:39 AM

Not my first computer (that was a long gone TRS-80 Color Computer) but my 1985 vintage Compaq Deskpro Model 1. It features a 7.14 MHz 8086 processor, 128 KB RAM, two 5" 360kb double-sided floppy drives (back when floppies were really floppy) and a 720x350 pixel monochrome screen. Later I added a 20Mb hard drive. Complete with DOS 2.11, MS-BASIC and I do believe Windows 1.0 on the hard drive though I haven't fired it up recently. As I recall it cost me $2500 in 1985 $'s which would make it the most expensive computer I've ever owned. Not quite sure why I've kept it around but it's built like a tank and still in working order although there's not much you can do with it - but it does have Windows Write and Windows Paint