Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Images and Creative Techniques > Show Your Work

Old January 17th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Curtis Takes a Walk

I wanted to share this one to show how proud I am of my neice and her son. Curtis was born with a very rare condition known as Dandy Walker Syndrome. He was not expected to live to see his first birthday. Tammy refused to accept that. That was in 1998. He was never supposed to walk or talk. Tammy refused to accept that too. Curtis attends school and this Christmas he walked for us and he was so excited to "show off". He is a real ham and loves to hug. He NEVER forgets a face. I'm really proud of both of them. Just more proof - never listen to doctors!

http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com...g.php?id=16483

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old January 18th, 2007, 12:33 AM
Known Forum User

Send a message via Yahoo to ronstelzy
Nancy,
What a privledge it is to be the first to tell you how inspiring your visions of Curtis are. You are an artist who can convey much of the human experience in her work.

Old January 18th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via MSN to karen donnybrook
Nancy,

That is wonderful news about Curtis. Your layout is beautiful and Curtis' joy shines through; give him a kiss and a cuddle from me.

Karen

My room at the
and my corner in

Old January 18th, 2007, 01:07 AM
Frequent Contributor

And what a cute walker he is!! Thumbs up (and big toes, too!) to your daughter for sticking to her intuition and love for her son.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
- Albert Einstein

Equipment: PSE5 and CS3 on XP MCE and XP, Panasonic Lumix FZ7,
Canon PIXMA iP5200R, and FIREFOX (Whatever the latest version is...)

Old January 18th, 2007, 02:51 AM
Senior Contributor

Nancy,
great news. Curtis is doing well!
Kev

Dogs have masters, cats have servants.

Windows 7, PSE 9, PSP 12.
Old January 18th, 2007, 02:55 AM
Casual Forum User

Such love is a real inspiration. And it's clear where your niece gets it. It runs in the family. Your page is beautiful and we can feel the pride and joy you feel. Thanks for sharing. Curtis sure looks happy.

Mary Ann
Old January 18th, 2007, 03:41 AM
Known Forum User

Wow, they both are a true inspiration. Beautiful work too!
Brenda

Nikon D200, D50, Nikkor 70-200 2.8 VR, 85mm 1.8, 50mm 1.8, 35mm, 18-70 , Sb800, SB600, Manfrotto tripod and ballhead
Old January 18th, 2007, 03:47 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMarti View Post
He was not expected to live to see his first birthday. Tammy refused to accept that.

Thanks to Tammy's refusal to believe the doctors, is Curtis able to live a wonderful life now. Stories like this one always give me a warm wonderful feeling inside. I love it when people who are facing something dreadful refuse to believe or accept what the doctors tell them and then by amazement overcome that what the doctors never thought could be achieved.

My father-in-law had a life threatening situation four years ago and the doctors said he wouldn't make it through the night. Everyone in the family refused to accept that he was dying. We all stood around his bed all night and when morning came the doctors were amazed that he hadn't passed on yet. They decided to give the operation one more try but didn't give him much of a chance that he would survive it. My mother-in-law told them to go through with it (she had to demand it really). Thanks to that and his own will to live he is now doing all the things he used to do. Although he did remain in the intensive care unit for eight months and had to learn how to walk all over again, he is now back to driving his car and feeling good again.

I have heard many stories like this one and each and everytime I am amazed again. Goes to show how powerful the human mind and belief is doesn't it

Nancy thank you for sharing this. The layout is beautiful and I wish all the best to Tammy and Curtis

Old January 18th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Nancy ...

What a wonderful story ....

... and a beautiful layout too. I just love the way you have done it ...

Wendy

"

Old January 18th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Senior Contributor

Nancy, that's a beautiful layout, as usual. Curtis gives me hope for my grandson. Gregory almost always has a smile on his face and doesn't seem to mind that he can't do what other kids his age do. I get discouraged sometimes, but children like Curtis show that my Gregory might walk with minimal assistance one day.
Canon Pro9000 printer; Epson Perfection 2580 Photo scanner
Canon Digital Rebel XSi, 75-300mm IS lens, 28-135mm IS lens, 60mm macro lens, a set of extender rings, AND a 70-200 L lens
Nikon Coolpix P100
and an iphone that I'm learning to use