Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old January 4th, 2007, 07:26 PM
New Forum User

Question Scrapbooking

I've got what I think is a simple question. I'm interested in developing a scrapbook. I have seen numerous references to scrapbooking most of which start with the development of a single page or template. I assume that I can create a scrapbook that includes as many pages as I choose to include. I also assume that I can have multiple page templates or themes in the scrapbook.

I'd appreciate it if someone could confirm or correct that assumption .
Old January 4th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ...

... and welcome to the forum

Using Elements you make each of your scrapbook pages in individual files ... then if you wish to print them out you can make them into a scrapbook album. You can also get them commercially printed into hardback albums ..

Hope this helps

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old January 4th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Welcome,
to the forum.
A scrapbook can be any: theme, length, size, or a timeline you wish it to be. Think of it as preserving and telling your story for whatever memories you wish to convey.

I've done many paper 'old fashioned' albums, but only recently stepped into the digital end.
A long time ago a friend told me as I fretted about a page..."if you look at it again in the morning and smile...its right."
Tonight a "digital" friend conveyed the same message...I was told "smile and print".
There must be something to that.
Enjoy what you wish to create. There are a bunch of talented friends here to assist as you need it.
m
PSP x3

My Scrapbook galleries

and
Old January 4th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Senior Contributor

rslackde, welcome to the forum! This is a caring and supportive group, with an amazing combined base of knowledge. Ask away, and someone will help you.
Old January 4th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Professionally printed albums usually have a limit of right around a 100 pages.

Traditionally scrapbook pages are done in a 12x12 inch format - but 8.5x11 and 8x10 are also done as they can be printed on a home printer. One nice thing about a square format page is that they can be easily printed in a variety of square sizes. For example a 12x12 page van also be printed as a 10x10 or an 8x8.

My Blogs:

Old January 5th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Known Forum User

Hi rslackde! Welcome! I'm rather new myself but have done a fair amount of digiscrapping with elements. Just to build on what everyone has said above....

Myself personally (not the only way), I like to develop individual pages in elements, at the 'traditional' scrap sizes (8x8, 12x12, and 8 1/2 x 11 which is gaining popularity as well). Or any size. Then, I print them on my home photo printer (Canon i9900) which can do large sizes and borderless. Just me, I like printing them myself and can make final 'tweaks' if needed.

Then I physically assemble the final album by purchasing the album I want, adhering the printed pages to the pages that come in the album, and finally using photo-safe/acid-free page protectors on each page. Or.. all the options above, you can send your files to an online site that will bind them for you... But just to share what I do... Have fun and welcome to this great place!

Old January 5th, 2007, 04:01 PM
New Forum User

Hi! Newbie...first post..

My first post here..
Does PSE v2.0 have scrapbooking capabilities?
Thanks..
Old January 5th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Welcome, to the forum,
I am going to venture a guess of "yes", although I have not had v2 in a long while and did not even know what digital scrapbooking was then. I was only paper scrapping.
If you are able to make a background, create layers, and add some photos and then embellish them, I think you would be fine. Many items I've used come downloaded from scrapbook sites.
If you are a subscriber here, there is a section of great tutorials teaching how to create various scrapbooking items. Another place to check is at scrappers guide. Not only are there beautiful layouts , but a lot of scrapbook help, and Linda is an awesome teacher.
Many from here are there and vice versa.
Have fun with it, it can be addicting, actually it is
m
PSP x3

My Scrapbook galleries

and
Old January 5th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ...

... and welcome to the forum

PSE2 doesn't have any of the built in art works that PSE5 has but there is no problem at all creating scrapbook pages in it ... you can either create your own artwor, download it as clip art or use kits.

As Michelle said ... have fun with it

Wendy

"

Old January 5th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes! you can scrap in PSE2. Linda Sattgast over at www.scrappersguide.com used to have training CD's for it. Don't know if they are still available, but I'm sure you could email and ask - wouldn't surprise me if they had a few still kicking around they would sell you at a discount.

My Blogs: