Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old December 13th, 2006, 12:48 PM

Charles: You've exhausted my knowledge of iTunes . I just doubleclicked and it ran - I have ver 7.0.2.16 that I downloaded when I updated my Quicktime recently.

Tony
Old December 13th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Known Forum User

Send a message via AIM to Teacher617
Quote:
Originally Posted by hukari View Post
It sounds great, but why not make it available to everyone instead of just to IPod owners? And I don't necessarily want ITunes on my PC either.
All it takes to listen to or watch a podcast is a computer. An iPod isn't necessary. It would be most helpful for the creators of this new podcast to provide a link to the file on the PSE User website, in addition to the one via iTunes. Then iTunes would not be required either.

Can't wait to get home and listen to the episode! The iTunes Store is blocked from within my school district network.

Tricia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mac, PSE 4.0
Old December 13th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Argh! I downloaded an update to quicktime last week and even upgraded to pro - but all I get when I try to watch is the audio and a funky pink& green screen!

I can see the videos here fine (once I updated QT) but I can't see the videos from Scrappersguide either - unless I open them in Real Player.

Anyone have any ideas on why QT-Pro won't play the vids?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blogs:

Old December 13th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Casual Forum User

Send a message via AIM to cplatz Send a message via Yahoo to cplatz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher617 View Post
All it takes to listen to or watch a podcast is a computer. An iPod isn't necessary. It would be most helpful for the creators of this new podcast to provide a link to the file on the PSE User website, in addition to the one via iTunes. Then iTunes would not be required either.
Tricia
Stay tuned - this is in the works!

Old December 13th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Ya,,,a few weeks ago after I got my external hd I did some spring cleaning and got rid of iTunes ( and a bunch of other programs) cause I never used it...Not really feeling like installing it again. Keep us updated if you find another way..

Thanks Chris

Old December 13th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Frequent Contributor

Killer tips rocks! Whoever's brain-child it is deserves a round of applause and a standing ovation to boot.
Chas

Old December 13th, 2006, 10:37 PM
New Forum User

Thumbs up honest, itunes isn't that bad!

FWIW, I watched it on my laptop screen, not my ipod. It was really well done, and the video quality surprisingly was as good as ( or better ) than photoshop tv. I will be watching this weekly, and, referencing the earlier posts , not on my ipod which I can use for video but wouldn't, but on my computer screen.
Pete
Old December 14th, 2006, 02:28 AM
Casual Forum User

Much to my amazement, I have iTunes. Where it came from is anyone's guess! So I listened to the clip and watched the video. It was very well done and I could see a surprising amount of detail in that tiny video screen. So I'm thinking this is going to be a good thing!

I do have a question though. I did subscribe, so does this mean the podcast will be downloaded automatically into my iTunes program whenever the new one is put on the web site?

Old December 14th, 2006, 02:52 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Sissy ...

When you open iTunes it will automatically download ... but when something is only available for a short time you will need to remember to open iTunes during that time

Wendy

"

Old December 14th, 2006, 04:26 AM
Senior Contributor

On the PC version of iTunes.... ....you have options: check for new episodes (every hour, every day, every week, or manually); when new episodes are available (download all, download the most recent one, do nothing); and keep (all episodes, most recent, all unplayed, last 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 10). Pretty slick piece of software - especially for the price! Options are chosen via the iTunes toolbar (Edit>Preferences>Podcasts).

I download and keep the audio podcasts from Radiant Vista, another good source of photography instruction.

Chuck