Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > More > Pixel Hangout

Old November 20th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Got my new lens

Just picked up a Nikon 50mm f/1.8D lens for my D50 today along with a new circular polarizer. I have to say that for 120.00 this lens is awesome. I shot with all day at the beach inorder to get used to it. I really don't see it coming off my camera for awhile. I really think it is going to teach me alot about composing my photos and teach me alot about depth of field. I am going out in a few for an hour or 2 to take some night shots around my neighborhood. Will post some pics when I get back, SEE YAAAAAHHH

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My flickr page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 21st, 2006, 12:24 AM
Frequent Contributor

Hi Bob,
I'll have to say that since I bought my Canon 50mm f/1.4, my other lenses are collecting dust; oh, aside from the 85mm f/1.8. And yes, the lens gives you quite an experience with depth of field. I've learned not to fight it, but get creative with it. Have tons of fun!!!

"DRINK COFFEE....Do stupid things faster with more energy."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old November 21st, 2006, 01:47 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeO View Post
Hi Bob,
I'll have to say that since I bought my Canon 50mm f/1.4, my other lenses are collecting dust; oh, aside from the 85mm f/1.8. And yes, the lens gives you quite an experience with depth of field. I've learned not to fight it, but get creative with it. Have tons of fun!!!
My kit lens (18-55mm) will be collecting dust for awhile, I love this thing.

My flickr page

Old November 21st, 2006, 06:47 AM
Frequent Contributor

Nice images Bob. Happy Shooting!!! You will especially love it when taking pictures of your son. It's a fab portrait lens...

"DRINK COFFEE....Do stupid things faster with more energy."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old November 21st, 2006, 07:27 AM
Senior Contributor

Bob.. I picked up the same lens last week.

Do post some pictures.

~kimi~

Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

shoots a Nikon D800.
Old November 21st, 2006, 08:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Anxious to see what you have Bob.
Kimh

Kimh
Im not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
Old November 21st, 2006, 09:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Good choice Bob,
Back when I was shooting film about the only lens that I could afford
was the 50mm Nikor on my Nikon 'FM' -- after a while you really get to love that lens.. If you wanted to zoom in, you got closer to the subject.
Enjoy your 'new' lens it's one of the best... Tom

Old November 21st, 2006, 09:54 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
...If you wanted to zoom in, you got closer to the subject... Tom
We used to call that the "3-step zoom".

Learn Photography via Webinar

Old November 22nd, 2006, 12:25 AM
Senior Contributor

All the pics in my gallery now are with the 50mm f/1.8. I still have much to learn about the D50. It's all manual for now so I can learn to tell the camera what I want.

My flickr page

Old March 8th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Wow, great shots. That lens sure is sharp is it a Macro as well the pictures of the leaves and the drop are great! I also see that your using it on the D50 have you tried it on the D200 yet?

Nikon D80Nikon D700 Nikkor 70-300 VR f:4.5
Nikkor 60mm f:2.8 Macro Sigma 24-70 f:2.8 IF EX DG HSM
Nikon 85mm f:1.8D Vivitar 283 Nikon SB900
Sekonic L358 Manfrotto 055XB Tripod

Manfrotto 486RC2 Ball Head X-Rite Color Checker Passport