Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old November 12th, 2006, 09:04 PM
New Forum User

Got new computer, want to install previously activated copy of Elements 4 on new comp

I recently got a new computer and I installed my downloaded copy of Elements 4.0 onto the new computer, and input my serial number into the little boxes. When I clicked activate, I got a message that the serial number was not valid. Probably due to the fact that I already used it to activate my copy on the old computer. I realize I can not have a copy of Elements on both computers because I only paid for one.

My question is how do I install and activate my copy of Elements 4.0 on the new computer and stay legal?
Old November 12th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Frequent Contributor

You should be able to install it no problems (I have 3 on my laptop and desktop). A few things - don't use the caps lock key; make sure your zeros are zeros and your "O"'s are "O"'s - it can be hard to tell sometimes. If you registered 4.0 with adobe, you should be able to go to their website, log in and get your serial number from there.

-Trish
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:12 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Ever ready,

... and welcome to the forum

Do let us know if Trish's suggestions solve the problem ..

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old November 13th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Casual Forum User

You can also find your serial number on the old computer and/or on the CD holder that your copy came in.

At first I had trouble when I tried to move PSE 4 to a new computer, but it was just careless typing on my part.

Old November 13th, 2006, 06:42 PM
New Forum User

Still no luck

Tried again with the serial number supplied to me from Adobe Stores in a email after purchase. I still get a error message in an Adobe Activation dialog box stating "You must enter a valid number before activating online or viewing activation options. Please check your serial numbers and re-enter it." I tried several more time, but got the same message. I know I am not putting in O's instead of 0's because the serial number boxes only accept numerical values.

I think I failed to mentioned that the installed copy was from a 30 day trail of Elements 4, and not the one I downloaed after online purchase. I am going to re-download the Elements 4 from Adobe Stores and try again with that copy. Any other suggestions would be appreciated, and I thank all of you for your input.
Old November 13th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ...

The demo version won't work you need the Adobe download.

Hopefully when you download it again it will work just fine

Wendy

"

Old November 14th, 2006, 07:28 PM
New Forum User

The download from Adobe Stores installed just fine. I used the 30 trail because it was handy.

Thanks for your help!
Old November 15th, 2006, 02:59 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ....

Oh that is great news ... so pleased that it worked

Look forward to seeing some of your images ...

Wendy

"