Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old October 30th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Senior Contributor

Grafi:

Are ya kidding me????? What I did was ok??????? Phew....Ok, I can tell the paramedics to leave now.......I thought I was having a heart attack!!!!!

I saw that it seemed to rebuild itself everytime I deleted it and restarted. Seemed to work like the cache to me, but then, I AM an idiot! So, if I had just held down the shift key upon re-entering, it would have done the same thing?????

I should be good to go now, right....everything is there and is working just fine....hopefully it will stay that way!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canon Rebel xt; Canon 40D; canon 18- 55 mm; canon 75 - 300 mm f/5.6; canon 85mm f/1.8; canon 70-200 2.8 IS; canon 24-70 2.8; canon fisheye lens, cheap monopod; my fathers old wooden tripod, a Quantaray QSX 9002D tripod, 20 inch IMAC and a macbook pro
Old October 30th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Known Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom to 4 View Post
Right in the special effects folder I attempted to put a folder in that said Panos.....in that folder were sub folders for the filmstrip another for spiral, and a couple of others.

My folder for Grants tools has two subfolders in it.

Should work right???

Well, not for me

Hi!
It should work for you provided that the subfolders contain the actions and NOT other folders (that contain the action files).

You can PM me if you encounter any issues.

Old October 30th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Senior Contributor

Hey, I had a problem kinda similar in another thread. I downloaded some of Panos' thumbs and lost all my artwork and effects. Check it out.

http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com...ad.php?t=15408
EF 100mm/f2.8 Macro USM
50mm f/1.4 USM

Old October 30th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Panos:

I got it working....I don't have your thumbnails....haven't downloaded them, but I have the actions in there....just the actions....That should work fine. Besides, it wasn't a problem with your end, it was the PSE, because it happened with everything I tried to add.......

I knew your instructions would be good....your work is great!

Norma:

You may want to check out what I did. My PSE is working just fine. I kinda feel that file is like a cache. When I slid it off of my pse (into the folder on my desktop...didn't dare delete it) and reopened elements, it loaded all my stuff into the layers palette. Or maybe you want to try what Graffi suggested and hold down the shift key while entering PSE.

I am satisfied that I am now in good shape........but look who is saying that...the idiot that needed directions!!!!!

Canon Rebel xt; Canon 40D; canon 18- 55 mm; canon 75 - 300 mm f/5.6; canon 85mm f/1.8; canon 70-200 2.8 IS; canon 24-70 2.8; canon fisheye lens, cheap monopod; my fathers old wooden tripod, a Quantaray QSX 9002D tripod, 20 inch IMAC and a macbook pro
Old October 30th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Mine is working fine too. Was just wondering if you had straightened everything out; thought maybe my fix would work for you! Glad to hear you're all fixed and good to go now.
EF 100mm/f2.8 Macro USM
50mm f/1.4 USM

Old October 30th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Norma:

Yep, up and running, just lost a few years off my life!!!!

Thanks for thinking of me though!!

Old October 30th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Senior Contributor

No problem.
EF 100mm/f2.8 Macro USM
50mm f/1.4 USM