Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old October 24th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Red face Confessions from a blonde...

Here I was feeling sorry for myself and wanting to upgrade to PSE5 from PSE3 and somehow I got it stuck in my head that I would have to upgrade my computer first. But today I stopped by Staples and bought PSE5 anyway- figured I probably wouldn't find a better price then $59.99 after rebate.

So I get home and a friend that is into building computers stops by to see the new mini van so I have him take a look at my system for me.....................

My CPU is 3.0 GHZ, 1GB of RAM, and 49.4 GB of memory available. Boy do I feel dumb! (of course I will feel even dumber is someone tells me that I don't have enough to run PSE5 after all.)

I may still take him off on the memory offer - and maybe add a DVD burner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blogs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old October 25th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Senior Contributor

Jane, I have half as much RAM as you and half as much available memory. I was running PSE3. I loaded 5 several weeks ago -- no problems at all

You should be good to go.

Rusty
Old October 25th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AngelicKim
Jane, I too have less RAM than you and about the same memory available and I have been using v5 for about a week and a half with no problems.

Kim

Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon Digital Rebel 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, Canon 80-200mm lens, Promaster Spectrum 7 100-300mm lens, Monopod, CS3, Vista, Wacom Tablet

Old October 25th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Frequent Contributor

Jane,

Your specs look just fine. I've got 1 1.6 GHz, with 480 RAM (available) on my laptop and I run just fine - a little slow on some of the filters, and organizer takes forever to start. That 49.4GB number is your Disk Space. You should be fine. Your RAM is 1 Meg, that's plenty. You are good to go.

-Trish
Old October 25th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks - now I just have to go back and read all the threads about how to go about making a seamless transfer. I use ACDSee for my photos so I think the only thing I have to worry about is all the styles, effects, actions etc that I don't want to lose.

This would be so much easier if the baby would just sleep for longer than 2 hrs at a stretch.... functioning in a state of constant sleep deprivation can definately be a challange!

My Blogs: