Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > More > Elements Village Challenges

Old October 5th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Grant
challenge#192

I am back from vacation and about to embark on a new set of Challenges. This one just came in from Anne Twitchell. It is an image she took on vacation. I do hope you love it. I know I do!

http://www.cavesofice.org/~grant/Cha...hallenges.html

Present and Past Challenges will remain Until tomorrow at 7:00 pm the then
the Present will be Past and new images will be posted as Present.

* Important notice to all the new people in this forum. This is not a
close shop you are all invited to submit an image. If you don't think you
are good enough this is your first mistake, I think most have found that
working on the Challenge has improved their personal level. So young and
old, hot shots and cool dudes now is you time to post.

Home Pages :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 6th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Senior Contributor

The first images are now being posted and again they are all great.

http://www.cavesofice.org/~grant/Present/index.html

Notes for viewing.

1). Clicking on the thumbnail will open a larger image.
2). Clicking on the larger image will advance you to the next larger image.
3). If you are using Internet Explorer F11 will toggle a full screen view

... gives the images a view they deserve.

Home Pages :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 6th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Senior Contributor

A note to let you know I am going back to Nova Scotia next week to try and nail down the house we are planning to buy. It will not be as long lasting trip but i will let you know if there will be any disruptions to the Challenge.

--

Home Pages :
Old October 6th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Frequent Contributor

Grant,
Where would I send a photo for condideration for a future challenge?
Chas

Old October 6th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Chas... Grant was just saying he need more images. I may have one myself to send.

~kimi~

Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

shoots a Nikon D800.
Old October 7th, 2006, 03:24 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ...

Take a look at this link ... the section Submit a Challenge tells you what to do.

Nowadays I try to take photos for Grant whenever I can ... the more images he gets the greater variety of Challenges

Wendy

"

Old October 12th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Anne-thanks for the starter image.

Alex-Nice conversion to the house setting and a very good color match.

Austin-A very nice looking library setting, a good place to curl up and read.

Ben-I like the way you've added the back lighting. Is that a gradient layer? Very real looking rays.

Bill-Nice way to accent the lower part of the image.

Bob-I like the way you've accented the window part of the image. Nice shot of the lady looking out.

Cathy-A nice way to work the image into the room accents and the hat pin. Is that you under the chapeau?

Charles-I hope the lions' strength is still holding up. Like the way you've removed all but the gold for accents.

Codi-Like the cropping and the changing of the bottom part to be more like a mirror.

David-Nice way to work the image's canons into the battlefield and the lions as the field generals.

Donald-Love the mixture of geometric patterns, especially the heart shaped corners in the middle. How did you add the lightning crackles? Your #2 is a great seal and envelope mixture.

Garrett-Very nice work with the texture work and making the mane into a beard. Would you share the technique?

JStorck-I'm normally not a smoking man, but I'd take a cigar from that box. Looks like I may be too late. Is the box from scratch? The cigar band logo is a nice detail.

Jessica-A nice mixture of faces. I really like the true lion's head on the right statue. Perhaps a slightly larger image might be easier to see all the details.

Lauren-I hope all the kittens found good homes. Nice detail with the statue paw over the box's edge.

Malcolm-Good way to "get a head" in your entry. Would this now be an "add a face" edifice?

Marilyn-Love the color and style of the gown. As always, a great artistic rendition.

Nancy-Have to hand it to you in your #1 and a great puzzle effect in #2, but #3 is my favorite.

Red Sky-I'm not sure where this station is on the radio dial, but I hope the signal is strong. I had an instant flashback to the '70s with your man.

Ricky-Love the dueling lions-looks like it was a three-step turn and fire. Must be hard to keep those canons level.

Rita-Mirror, mirror, on the wall; who's the best looking cat of all. Nice way the reflection changes the lion's appearance.

Sam-A nice way to work the image into the mantle of the fireplace.

Shawna-I like the way you have worked the image into the clock face and tower. A very nice blending job.

Shea-What an unusual take on the image. Nice way to work the face into the ship's bow.

Steven-Nice work with the hunting theme. It might be kind of hard to sneak up on the prey with the light shining off the gold manes.

Susan-Nice use of the dog images in your #1, especially the center piece. What an interesting orb look in #2-how did you do that?

Tab-Sign me up for a tour of duty-nice way to grab small pieces of the starter and work them into the window frames.

Wendy-Love the use of the gold manes for the background-really sets off the center orb. Nice use of the center picture for your calendar. I hope that is a stock image or you spent a great deal of time making all the months and days.
Old October 12th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Known Forum User

Ward, no that is not me........go back and look, check out her earrings too!....

That photo was a practice photo on skin tones.....

Now I wish............i was thit age again...but then i would be working and no time for this....fun!

Old October 12th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks for commenting Ward. I was up in Roslyn Wa. last week where they filmed the town for the exterior shots of Northern Exposure. Having never really seen the show, we walked past this storefront and my wife told me they used that as a prop on the show, a fictious radio station. I took a shot and put my man Bill into it, being he is a fan of the show. I really like the polyester leisure suit and pinky ring. I don't know if he does.

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing-after they've tried everything else.

-Winston Churchill-
Old October 12th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Ward ...

... and thank you for the kind comments

The calendar isn't a stock image I did indeed make it from scratch ...

Wendy

"