Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > More > Pixel Hangout

Old October 2nd, 2006, 10:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AngelicKim
New Pics in Gallery

I finally did a couple of the tuts today and posted them in my gallery. I did a cube which I should change the opacity on the background and I changed a photo to B&W and colorized the eyes and added Frnacisco's corners because I have not tried doing shapes yet. Actually I've tried but figured out tonight why I wasn't able to get them to work before. Just playing around with them so their nothing great. Hope you like them anyway.

Kim
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon Digital Rebel 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, Canon 80-200mm lens, Promaster Spectrum 7 100-300mm lens, Monopod, CS3, Vista, Wacom Tablet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old October 3rd, 2006, 01:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via MSN to karen donnybrook
Kim,

The first image is marvellous. I like the B&W with a touch of colour and the gold corners really set it off - well done.

I agree with you on the cube. The background needs to have the opacity lowered - it still looks great but will look even better the background a little less evident.

Karen

My room at the
and my corner in

Old October 3rd, 2006, 03:08 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi Kim ...

Nice work on the portrait and those corners finish it off beautifully ... the cube one is coming along nicely but I agree about the opacity

Wendy

"

Old October 3rd, 2006, 03:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Kim,
both nice but with the cube, I would try the bground in BW and lightened just a little I think that would make the cube really pop.
Kev

Dogs have masters, cats have servants.

Windows 7, PSE 9, PSP 12.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 07:19 AM
Senior Contributor

Thanks Karen, Wendy and Kev. I did the Cube from the tut in the newsletter I got yesterday. After I uploaded it I realized it needed more work. I did the B&W by ng a tric Colleen told me about yesterday by copying the photo and changing to screen mode, reduced the hue and saturation.

I will work on them both again later. Thanks again.

Kim

Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon Digital Rebel 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, Canon 80-200mm lens, Promaster Spectrum 7 100-300mm lens, Monopod, CS3, Vista, Wacom Tablet

Old October 3rd, 2006, 07:24 AM
Senior Contributor

Kim, you did a great job on your new additions. I need to get busy on some of those tuts!!
Good suggestions from the others too.
Kimh

Kimh
Im not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
Old October 3rd, 2006, 07:31 AM
Senior Contributor

Thanks Kim, I have gotten so much help from everyone on other projects I thought I had better work on something I could put in my gallery.

BTW, hope you had a nice time at the beach the other day. I too have a guitar I and don't know how to play it. I have problems getting my fingers to cooperate to play the cords. I have had two different surgeries on my ring and middle fingers and they don't want to do what I want them to do.

Kim

Old October 3rd, 2006, 07:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Kim- Glad to see you're getting a chance to try out those tutorials! Nice work!

Old October 5th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Senior Contributor

Kim:

Didn't see your thread until just now....haven't been on lately.....tough week here in Lancaster. Today will not be better....news trucks are coming into town in droves....ugh!

Your gallery looks great!!! I love the way your collage turned out....love the falcon and football on it. The cube is amazing......love the shadow underneath it on the field!!! I cannot get the hang of those cubes....I seem to get two sides fine, but the last one always puts me over the edge.

Nicely done! Oh, and I am so glad that tip on the "screen" helped! I thought it was an amazing tip when I heard it!

Canon Rebel xt; Canon 40D; canon 18- 55 mm; canon 75 - 300 mm f/5.6; canon 85mm f/1.8; canon 70-200 2.8 IS; canon 24-70 2.8; canon fisheye lens, cheap monopod; my fathers old wooden tripod, a Quantaray QSX 9002D tripod, 20 inch IMAC and a macbook pro
Old October 5th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Senior Contributor

Colleen, I was just thinking last night "where did Colleen go". Glad you like the cube. Still need to do come work on it and lighten the background a little but been busy. Doing the shadow didn't work the way the instructions said so as usual I improvised. The football is a brush I downloaded and the Falcon is a brush I made to use in the collages.

I know your not a scrapbooker but I added one the the October upload site and and dedicated it to you. It's not great but it is only my second one.

http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com...364#post161364

Kim