Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old December 1st, 2004, 03:14 AM
New Forum User

Save for Web loses EXIF information

Hi,

When I save a RAW (Nikon .NEF) image as a JPEG using Save As, then the final file contains useful EXIF information, such as ISO, shutter, aperture, etc, carried over from the .NEF. But if I select Save For Web, and save as a JPEG that way, then this information appears to be lost. Does anyone have any ideas how I can Save for Web, and keep the EXIF info?

Yours,

Ed
Old December 1st, 2004, 04:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Grant
Save for Web is behaving as it should when it strips the EXIF. The only way to save avoid that is to Save As. You can use any JPG, PNG, or GIF for the web. The Save for Web just makes it easier to visualize what your end product will be.
Old December 2nd, 2004, 03:11 AM
New Forum User

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I like the interface for SaveforWeb, but not that it strips out EXIF info by design. But, fair enough, I'll use Save As.

Cheers,

Ed
Old October 1st, 2006, 08:48 PM
New Forum User

Save for Web also strips all info and Copyright notice

This is disturbing... Save for Web makes the files smaller and more manageable for websites (50k vs 150k) and web distribution, while at the same time stripping the file of all Copyright info. I haven't found any way around this.
Old October 2nd, 2006, 02:40 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ....

... and welcome to the forum

You appear to have picked up a very old thread ... if you do want to keep all the EXIF information and reduce the file size even further then try doing this. First resize your image using Image>Resize>Image Size and then use Save As ... hopefully that will work for you

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old May 1st, 2007, 11:05 PM
New Forum User

there is a way!

click on Save for Web, then click on the Edit in ImageReady button. From Image Ready, you can choose to keep Exif info...

that's the way i do it at least.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 01:51 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ...

... and welcome to the forum

I think that you have picked up on quite an old thread ... and sadly Image Ready isn't included with Elements.

It sounds like you are using Photoshop

Wendy

"

Old December 8th, 2009, 08:14 PM
New Forum User

Action for PS CS4

I made an action that does this in Photoshop CS4. You can get it (for free) at http://billsparks.deviantart.com/art...-CS4-145916188