Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old July 6th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Senior Contributor

Something strange is happening....

I opened a new blank file, made a selection with the marquee tool, wanted to fill it with colour....whatever colour I choose it fills it with grey My colour picker refuses to pick any colour I have selected for it apart from black & white. If I choose any other colour it shows up as a shade of grey!

Have I inadvertently clicked on something to make this happen? BTW I have tried resetting all the tools.

Bayla

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old July 6th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via MSN to karen donnybrook
Bayla, check to see if the image is greyscale, if it is change it to RGB.

My room at the
and my corner in

Old July 6th, 2006, 04:28 AM
Senior Contributor

Karen,

Thanks! I knew I must have clicked on something without meaning to! I was looking all around the tool bar at the top but because I had the actual image in maximise mode, I didn't realise it was set to greyscale.

Bayla

and

Old July 6th, 2006, 05:27 AM
Enlightened Elder

Bayla ...

I had a similar problem last week ... and it took me ages to worj out what it was

Wendy

"

Old July 6th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Casual Forum User

Yeah, I just did this recently, too, and wondered what the heck was wrong! I did finally notice that I accidentally had grayscale chosen in my new file instead of RGB.

My gallery:

Old July 6th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Senior Contributor

I had a similar problem...I was adding color with a gradient map and used a levels adjustment above it for fine-tuning. I went to another picture to sample colors. They showed properly in the color boxes but when I returned to my original picture the color boxes were black and white instead of the colors I had chosen.

After much head scratching I found that I still had the levels adjustment layer active. As soon as I applied another gradient map the colors I had chosen appeared in the color boxes.

Butch.