Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old June 30th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Casual Forum User

Send a message via AIM to AliciaPelzer
Baby Announcement

Hello, I am trying to make a baby announcement for my brothers new born baby. I was just wondering if any one had ever made one, and if so could someone maybe throw some ideas at me. I have never really done anything with baby pictures so every idea I have just dont really fit the theme. Just curious, are there tutorials on something like this in the subscriber area. (which by the way, I have been looking at alot, and must say that I absolutely love it) it makes life so so much easier with photoshop. I find that the way I was doing the things before worked but last night I seen it was much easier, and not the long way. Very Very Impressed. Im so glad, that I subscribed.

thank you so much!
Old June 30th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Senior Contributor

I am not really good at this, usually (my artistic side is everything but good.. hehe!)

Perhaps you could tell us what you'd like to express (ideas, colours, etc.) and someone will be able to provide the technique to get there.

Ray
Old June 30th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Known Forum User

Here's what I did when my son was born. The font is called "Ameretto"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ethan Announcement copy.jpg (39.0 KB, 154 views)
Old July 1st, 2006, 02:41 AM
Enlightened Elder

Phil ...

Oh that is really nice !!

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old July 1st, 2006, 07:50 AM
Known Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy
Phil ...

Oh that is really nice !!

Wendy
Thanks Wendy. I took a picture of my son with my digital camera the day he was born, brought it home and uploaded it to the computer. I desaturated it, then dragged it into my new document (a 4x6 @ 300dpi) then put it all together and uploaded it to the Costco 1 hour Photolab online. Within an hour I had 40 birth announcements in my hand for under $7.

The hospital offered announcements too. Their cheapest package was 10 announcements for like $30 and you had to wait like 2 weeks to get them.
Old July 1st, 2006, 07:58 AM
Enlightened Elder

Phil ...

... and I bet theirs didn't look as nice as yours either

Wendy

"

Old July 1st, 2006, 12:47 PM
Casual Forum User

Send a message via AIM to AliciaPelzer
Thank you so much. That is a very nice announcement. and it gave me a basic idea, so I jsut wanted to thank you for being so helpful.. and he (your son) is adorable.. Thanks again.
Old July 1st, 2006, 01:35 PM
Known Forum User

Phil:
That is a really nicely done announcement. I bet you were proud to hand those out.

What a cute little baby.

Mary

Old July 1st, 2006, 01:51 PM
Known Forum User

Alicia,
Hope you'll share the finished product with us.

Old July 1st, 2006, 02:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Phil
That's a great job! I know the ones the hospital charged me for were not even close to as appealing as that one was. Good thinking. I wish I would have had all this to work with when my two were born. My youngest is now 16 years old - today is her birthday!