Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Premiere Elements

Old April 10th, 2012, 09:38 AM
New Forum User

multiple clips editing at ones

hey guys

is it possible to paste 3clips together so i can edit them at the same time

i tried to place them on the time line and select the 3 clips en then when i change the size it does it only on 1 clip not to 3

hope u guys understand me what i'm trying to say
Old April 10th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Senior Contributor

spoonbe

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what operating system?

I suspect that the answer is going to be that some things you can select more than more and work with the all as one. The key is some things not all things. Do you want to do more than Scale 3 images at the same time?

Depending on your details, it might be appropriate for you to Scale one, copy/paste attributes into the other selected images. But in that approach, if you have previously worked on the original image that was copied, when you do the paste attributes you will do so for all the attributes in the copied image, not just Scale.

Remember, the answers are in the details. So, we will be watching for the details of your situation.

Thanks.

ATR
Old April 10th, 2012, 02:15 PM
New Forum User

i'm using Premiere elements 10

found the word i was looking for

i want to merge 3 small clip from the library so that i can put 1 long clip in the time line is this possible?
Old April 10th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Senior Contributor

spoonbe

I am not quite clear on where you are coming from and going to on this one.

There is no Premiere Elements pre-merging of clips prior to importing them into its Timeline.

Once the clips are imported to the Timeline and you decide on the arrangement, you could always select all the clips involved, go to the Clip Menu, and select and click on Group (or right click the highlight, select Group from the pop up menu). That type of approach is convenient for moving the clips as one. But that grouped arrangement often does not support certain basic program operations.

You could arrange the imported clips on the Timeline and then export it to DV AVI (if SD project) or M2T (if HD project) and then import that export back to the Premiere Elements project from the hard drive save location of the export.

What specific operations are prohibiting you from importing your clips, arranging them side by side, editing them, exporting them? I would like to sort out those things that could be handled by copy/paste attributes and those that cannot.

Please check out the above. Based on further input from you, we will try to decide what can be done.

Thanks.

ATR
Old April 10th, 2012, 04:48 PM
New Forum User

i found out that i can kopie and paste the effect makes work easyer
and i dont have to merge the clips together

30min of footage but thats cutted in peace's of +-1m30 fraps doesnt record files bigger then 4GB. that means i need to paste alot of effects

or is it possible to paste 1effect to all clips at ones?

thx for the explanation
Old April 10th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Senior Contributor

spoonbe

Let us give this a try.

a. You have several clips on the Timeline.

b. You highlight the first clip and apply an effect, for example, the Old Film Effect. But you want all or some of the rest to also have this Old Film Effect applied. With this first clip highlighted, go to Edit Menu/Copy. Then,

c. As you hold down the Shift Key of the computer main keyboard, click on each of the other clips to which you want the Old Film Clip applied. Then Edit Menu/Paste Attributes. The first clip as well as all the clips that you highlighted will all have the Old Film Clip applied.

d. One problem can be that Paste Attributes will do that for all of a particular clip's attributes
....example, let us say that the first clip already had Video Stabilizer applied to it before you applied the Old Film Effect, and you go through the above application of the Old Film Effect and do your Edit Menu/Copy....the Paste Attributes applied to the group of clips that you highlighted will include Old Film Effect + Video Stabilizer for all those highlighted clips in the group.

e. Another example of this is Scaling the first clip and then doing the Edit Menu/Copy, followed by Edit Menu/Paste Attribute if you want all the clips to the same Scaling.

Please check out the above, and then let us know if any of it helped your workflow. If you need further details, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR
Old April 11th, 2012, 02:25 AM
New Forum User

thx

i'm going to try it in the evening and let u know it
Old April 11th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Senior Contributor

spoonbe

Thank you for the follow up.

We will be watching for your results and any further questions that you may have on your Premiere Elements workflow.

ATR