Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > More > Pixel Hangout

Old April 8th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Senior Contributor

ATT: iPad Users--Photo Editing Apps (Help)

Hi everyone,

With the advice and support I received in this thread, I got the iPad and it is already up and running. Now I would like to install some photo editing apps in it.

I have done some Google search and the apps below seem to be a constant presence in "best photo editing apps for the iPad" lists.

iPhoto
Adobe Photoshop Touch
Adobe Photoshop Express
Snapseed

Would you be kind enough to give me some feedback on these apps? Or on any other photo editing apps? I am not ashamed to admit I am totally ignorant as to the world of apps.

Thank you all in advance!

PSE7,10,11,12,13 (Windows 7 64-bit)

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." -- Mark Twain
Old April 8th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Senior Contributor

I downloaded Photoshop Touch for the iPad. See this thread for my views. I'mm still playing with it though.

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forum...hotoshop+Touch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

;

Photoshop Elements 8 and 9 / Photoshop CS4/5 / Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 / Picasa / Toshiba Satellite / Windows XP
Kodak Z650 / Kodak Professional 1400 Digital Photo Printer / Canon MX870 Printer
Canon XSi and Canon T3i
Old April 8th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Snapseed. It will make you wonder why adobe can't do it this easily.

Old April 8th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Brundage View Post
Ditto Snapseed, and now there are versions available for PC and Mac computers.

I use several other apps for special purposes, but Snapseed is my workhorse. Try it, you'll like it!

LR5, PSE10, CS6, Canon, Fuji, iMac
Old April 8th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Casual Forum User

I have snapseed and PS Express and love snapseed but if you want the most comprehensive try PhotoPal....outstanding!
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks so much for your advice and input! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me here.

I am getting Snapseed (which seems to be a favorite) and Photoshop Touch (I can use the latter to play with the small images my family sends me.) I am also throwing Photoshop Express in the mix.

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." -- Mark Twain
Old April 10th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via AIM to victry1 Send a message via Skype™ to victry1
I'll add my 2 cents......Snapseed, of course. But, I primarily use either Photogene for the iPad or Photoforge2. Also, Iris Photo Suite is a good one. I do have iPhoto but I find that more useful for marking favorites, flagging, etc. It also shows some of the EXIF, which I find helpful. I use PSExpress for checking out what I have online at photoshop.com and for uploading..

Enjoy.

Eleanor

iMac, PSE 11, CS5, iPhone 5S, Rebel T1i, Canon 7D,
Old April 10th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Casual Forum User

Sepiana welcome to the iPad world. I agree with your and the others choices. I have too many but you might consider these:
100 cameras, PHoto FX Ultra, Simply HDR HD, Filterstorm, Moku HD, Laminar, Outcolor, Retouch, Photo Forge 2 and Transfer.
I haven't found anything close to Elements but the above have worked for me.
Good luck!

Windows 7, Elements 8 & 11, Topaz Bundle, Nikon D80, AF Micro Nikkor 105mm 1.2.8D, Nikkor ED AF-S 70-300 1:4.5-5.6GVR, Nikkor 18-135

"You don't take a photograph, you make it ~ Ansel Adams."

Old April 11th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Brundage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S. View Post
Ditto Snapseed, and now there are versions available for PC and Mac computers.

I use several other apps for special purposes, but Snapseed is my workhorse. Try it, you'll like it!

I went to the Snapseed website and looked around. I could not find anyplace to download the software, nor did I see the price. Is Snapseed free? How do I download it for my Windoze computer?

Thanks

Canon 60D * Canon XSi
Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 f4-6.3 IS USM * Canon 580EX II
PSE10 / PSE11
Windows 7 Home Premium - i7
Old April 11th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspeqtor View Post
I went to the Snapseed website and looked around. I could not find anyplace to download the software, nor did I see the price. Is Snapseed free? How do I download it for my Windoze computer?

Thanks
Hi Charles,

Click on "Demo" for a free trial. If you decide to purchase it, I believe the price is $19.99 (Windows).

http://snapseed.com/