Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old March 28th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Enlightened Elder

Rich ..

Try the link again ... it seems to be working now:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-ele...photoshop.html

Just in case it vanishes again here is part of what section 3 shows

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old March 28th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Rich

The link and a copy of the content to which Wendy is citing is generic in nature since it seems to be pointing to yet another reference, that is, "For specific instructions, search the application Help system for "restore default preferences". Perhaps I need to look further, but I have not yet found the statement in the Photoshop Elements Help system with those specific instructions. I will look further unless you found them already.

What I did observe (and I would ask you if you have tried them and Wendy if those are what she had in mind)....in the Photoshop Elements 9 Organizer Edit Menu/Preferences/, there are several preference categories, starting with General and ending with Backup/Synchronize. At the bottom of each of the category dialogs is a "restore default settings" button. Have you been there and done that yet?

On the matter of resetting/restoring vs deleting and rebuilding (if there is a distinction to be made).....

I believe the answer to deleting those Organizer preferences will come from the "psa.prf" route as described in the following thread (post 1 responding to the inquiry at the Photoshop Elements Forum at Adobe).
http://forums.adobe.com/message/4226603

Please review the above and let us know if any of it had any impact on your situation.

Thanks.

ATR
Old April 10th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Casual Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR View Post
Rich

The link and a copy of the content to which Wendy is citing is generic in nature since it seems to be pointing to yet another reference, that is, "For specific instructions, search the application Help system for "restore default preferences". Perhaps I need to look further, but I have not yet found the statement in the Photoshop Elements Help system with those specific instructions. I will look further unless you found them already.

What I did observe (and I would ask you if you have tried them and Wendy if those are what she had in mind)....in the Photoshop Elements 9 Organizer Edit Menu/Preferences/, there are several preference categories, starting with General and ending with Backup/Synchronize. At the bottom of each of the category dialogs is a "restore default settings" button. Have you been there and done that yet?

On the matter of resetting/restoring vs deleting and rebuilding (if there is a distinction to be made).....

I believe the answer to deleting those Organizer preferences will come from the "psa.prf" route as described in the following thread (post 1 responding to the inquiry at the Photoshop Elements Forum at Adobe).
http://forums.adobe.com/message/4226603

Please review the above and let us know if any of it had any impact on your situation.

Thanks.

ATR
Thanks Wendy and ATR. Nothing quite helped, so, rather than recreate version sets, tags, etc.... I have decided to move to LR4. I am using the trial and am impressed so far. The develop option for simple crops, etc... is very handy and less labor intensive than creating another jpeg.

My understanding is the LR should be more stable than PSE Organizer. Plus the backup options can be done often and in the background to prevent loss of much.

Maybe I am delusional, but I think this will serve me well.

Thanks again for all your help. I just find PSE too risky. Will of course still use the editor though.

Rich