Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > More > Elements Village Challenges

Old April 3rd, 2012, 04:06 PM
Senior Contributor/IOW Coordinator

Really like this idea, Deena, but for some reason, I had a hard time following Gavin's tut. In the end, I used the tut from the PET videos.

Would have loved to have been able to achieve the look that Hans did!

Canon 60D
Aperture 3.5
PE 11
Photoshop CC for photographers
Topaz Remask 4, Adjust 5, Lens Effects, Simplify, NIK Silver Efex 2, HDR Pro2 and Color Efex
Old April 3rd, 2012, 05:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Deena, this is addictive. I couldn't resist The Call of the Photo Made from Text.

Image source: stock.xchng

PSE7,10,11,12,13 (Windows 7 64-bit)

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." -- Mark Twain
Old April 3rd, 2012, 05:17 PM
Senior Contributor

Bonzer - My son's Black Labrador Retriever

Old April 3rd, 2012, 05:44 PM
Senior Contributor/IOW Coordinator

Jim, nice to see you "playing"!

Sepiana...that looks striking in B/W!

Canon 60D
Aperture 3.5
PE 11
Photoshop CC for photographers
Topaz Remask 4, Adjust 5, Lens Effects, Simplify, NIK Silver Efex 2, HDR Pro2 and Color Efex
Old April 3rd, 2012, 07:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Helen, thanks a lot for commenting on my entry!

PSE7,10,11,12,13 (Windows 7 64-bit)

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." -- Mark Twain
Old April 4th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Senior Contributor

Thanks Helen. You say you were having problems with Gavin Hoey's tut. How can we be of help?
I had a bit of a problem until I realized I was trying to push or rush too fast through the tut - not allowing my layers to finalize as they were being worked on - sounds odd but when I just slowed each step down a bit, I realized I was my own worst enemy when using Gavin's tut.
Also, as we find out by using different subject matter, some photos work better than others and I probably spent a lot of time using this tut on many a subject that did not lend themselves to a great result. My two previous posts presented here in this thread turned out very nice - at least I think so.
Hope to see other subject mater being used with this tut from some of our newer members. I encourage any and all members to try their hand at this tut. It's a great tut and a very good instructor demonstrating the tut.
If you try the tut and run into trouble, please let us know here on the forum - we will give you as much help as possible. Just show us where your having the trouble and someone will be along to help.
PS - Be sure to let us know if your using a Mac or PC, what OS your using, and what version of elements your using - it helps other members know how to respond to your particular needs.
Again, thanks Helen for your reply. Look forward to seeing others share their exhibits.
One more thing, I'd appreciate - from my perspective (a learning member), a before and after sample of our member's work so we all know what you are working with and can appreciate your great effort using Gavin Hoey's tut.

Thank you, Jim
Old April 4th, 2012, 02:55 AM
Senior Contributor

A before and after - I previously owned a 61 Corvette similar to this 60 unit early in my life. Mine was white on white with all red interior,4 speed manual trans, positraction, fuel injected, 283 V8, two barrel, used regular gas (average price of gas then - 29 a gallon - a real looker.
The biggest difference in the two models was the shape of the rear end of the car.

Old April 4th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Casual Forum User

Here is mine, and I did so many tweaks, I got lost.. LOL

TY! What an AWESOME Creative!

Patti Waggin'
Old April 5th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Senior Contributor

My Grandson and his 3D glasses.

Old April 6th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via AIM to victry1 Send a message via Skype™ to victry1
So many good images! I've enjoyed looking at them all.

I had some trouble doing the text part. I had typed it out in text edit and copied and pasted and it all just squished together. I tried changing the font size in Elements and the leading without results. I finally just typed it in PSE like I normally would. But, it was a fun tut anyway.

Eleanor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

iMac, PSE 11, CS5, iPhone 5S, Rebel T1i, Canon 7D,