Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Images and Creative Techniques > Show Your Work

Old March 25th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Senior Contributor

PET Photo-Challenge start and stop dates clarification

Could anyone clarify the start and stop dates for the Photo-challenges?
Looks like Rick posts the info here at the bottom of the page:
http://www.elementsvillage.com/forum...ad.php?t=47486
"The May/June 2012 Subscriber Showcase submission deadline is March 23.
The theme for the March 2012 Photo Challenge is: Close-Up"

There are still some posting submissions thinking the deadline is until the end of month.
I just received the Letter from the editor (March 2012) and she stated:
"Last Call for March Photo Challenge Entries Speaking of photo challenges: There’s still a few days left to submit your entry for the March Photo Challenge. The theme is “Close-Up.” You can find all of the details in the original blog post. It looks to be a fun group!"

Is March's close-up challenge over or still till last day of month?

She also stated:
"To participate in the April Photo Challenge, simply upload your image to either the PET Subscriber Gallery or the Elements Village Gallery between April 1st and May 1st. Please be sure to place the phrase “Photo-Challenge” exactly as shown (without the quotes) in the Keywords field if uploading to the Elements Village Gallery, or in the Caption field if uploading to the PET Gallery. Remember that photos should be taken within the challenge month."

So April's challenge is till the last day of April? I always thought they ran from beginning to end of month until I saw Rick's deadline posted.
Any clarification would be very helpful to everyone,
Thanks so much,
Christell

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A Photograph is a Memory frozen in Time....

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP, til' you drop!

Windows 7,
PSE 8 & CS5,
Lightroom 4,
Intuos 3-4x6,
Nikon D300 & Nikon D4

Old March 25th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Hi Christell,

The Subscriber Showcase and the monthly Photo Challenge are two different things. The themed Challenge runs from the 1st of a month through the last day, while the Showcase is non-themed, and is designed to show off any PET subscriber's work (via site tutorials or not) between the previous issue and the current one.

We're not trying to be confusing, I promise!

Rick

Old March 25th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi Rick,
Thanks so much for replying. Can't believe you work on Sundays. I see now what your deadline is. With the 2 sentences together I thought it was the deadline for the challenge. I hadn't fully read it.
So the Close-up challenge ends on March 31st and the Animal challenge starts on April 1st.
Thanks again for replying,
Christell

A Photograph is a Memory frozen in Time....

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP, til' you drop!

Windows 7,
PSE 8 & CS5,
Lightroom 4,
Intuos 3-4x6,
Nikon D300 & Nikon D4

Old March 28th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Frequent Contributor

Thank you both for clearing that up....Your always so helpful.