Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old March 25th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Casual Forum User

Alien art hurt my elements 7

I have been using E7 daily. I just got Alien Art Snap Art. I installed it. I then clicked my E7 shortcut icon and got a popup that said: The procedure entry point ?fromStdWString...[too much stuff]... could not be located in the dynamic link library QtCore4.dll

I uninstalled the alien art. Same problem w/ E7. I got out the install disc for E7 as I figured I'd delete it and re-install. I got a prompt that said if I did that I would not be able to re-install it. Help!!
Old March 25th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Senior Contributor

viewerx

I am just about ready to call it a day. It is about 1 am where I am.

Just some quite questions. A quick look online would indicate that Photoshop Elements 7 and higher are supposed to be supported by the product line that you mention.

Let us look at this uninstall/cannot reinstall if uninstall business. What was the arrangement with your purchase of the product. Was it from an online purchase from Adobe, installation disc in package software, or one of those pre-installed with new computer deals. Also there might be the possibility of one of those arrangements where you get free software available for one day on one of those online web sites (but reinstallation if ever necessary is essentially impossible).

I will check in the light of day to see your responses and try to help if possible.

ATR
Old March 25th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Casual Forum User

Hi, Thanks, I got E7 with my Bamboo Pen and Touch. I immediately wrote to this group. I then looked on google. I saw people talking about a 'repair' option on the disc. I put in the disc and it only had install and wanted to uninstall first.

I had originally clicked uninstall in the Tools area of my Ccleaner. This brought up a prompt box that said Photoshop Uninstaller and it had the message about the not being able to reload. I do not know if I cannot legally un then re install or if this was a generic prompt, but, I was taking no chances.

Hope that you have some good news tomorrow. 8-)
Old March 25th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Casual Forum User

The Adobe Ps E 7.0 uninstaller that popped up when I clicked Uninstall in Ccleaner read: "Click to remove A PS E7 from your computer. After removal, this program will no longer be available for use"

I assumed this meant I would not be legally/physically able to reload. if it means 'with it removed it can't be used' I will be mad, as that is [censored] stupid to think it needed to be spelled out. I hope that is it, though. 8-)
Old March 25th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Frequent Contributor

Hello viewerx,
I got PSE 7 the same way, with my Bamboo. I have re-installed it 3 times on my computer with no problems. The only difference I see in our two different ways is I use Windows Uninstall instead of a 3rd party program.
As long as you have your registration key, you should be alright.
Give that a try, and see if it helps.
PSE 10, Lightroom 4.3
Windows 7 64-bit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PhotoShop Element's Rock's

"A photographer is like a cod, which produces a million eggs in order that one may reach maturity."
-George Bernard Shaw 26 July 1856-2 November 1950

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 25th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewerx View Post
The Adobe Ps E 7.0 uninstaller that popped up when I clicked Uninstall in Ccleaner read: "Click to remove A PS E7 from your computer. After removal, this program will no longer be available for use"

I assumed this meant I would not be legally/physically able to reload. if it means 'with it removed it can't be used' I will be mad, as that is [censored] stupid to think it needed to be spelled out. I hope that is it, though. 8-)
That is a common message when uninstalling programs. It does NOT mean that you can't reinstall it. It means exactly what it says. The uninstaller is just throwing out a failsafe message. It's no different from most programs when you want to delete something, and a message pops up asking "Are you sure you want to delete this?"

Last edited by Preeb; March 25th, 2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old March 25th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Senior Contributor

viewerx

Just starting my day. Thanks for the follow up.

Is there a reason why you are not uninstalling Photoshop Elements 7 the classical way through the Control Panel of your Windows operating system?:

Windows XP, Control Panel, Add & Remove Program
Windows 7, Control Panel, Programs/Uninstall a Program

If you have the Photoshop Elements 7 installation disc and the serial number that represents a non trial version, you should be in shape after you uninstall Photoshop Elements 7 via the classical way for Windows XP or Windows 7. Then when you put the installation disc into the burner drive tray, it should be smooth sailing to reinstall.

Since verber10 has actually been involved with installation/reinstallation of Photoshop Elements 7 that came with the Bamboo purchase, the verber10 suggestion should be particularly useful to you. And, after reading Rick's comment, I tend to agree with his interpretation of the message that you are reporting.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

Last edited by ATR; March 25th, 2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old March 25th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Casual Forum User

SUCCESS!!!!!!!! Thank you all for your time and sharing! I wish they had used the "Are you sure..." usage rather than 'if you remove it, you can't use it'.

Now I have to ask my friend with his 'I paid for it and downloaded it' Alien Skin if maybe it was a dubious bootleg instead, though he said it worked fine for him. I had told him I'd love to get an impasto brush and he said 'here, take this disc, it has Alien Skin on it." Even at $15 I can't afford to buy anything like this these days.

Again, thanks!!!
Old March 25th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Senior Contributor

viewerx

Whenever I see that word SUCCESS!!!!!!!!, I start cheering.

Congratulations on your success and stick-to-it-tiveness. Great job.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thanks especially for the follow up which is so important to us all.

ATR