Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old March 24th, 2012, 06:42 PM
New Forum User

Help-Shrinking Image in Collage causes blur!

I am making an 11x14 portrait collage. I have two 11x7 pics for the background & want to add 3 other smaller pics over these two. When I click & drag these smaller pics onto the collage, they come across enormous & I have to hit the "move" icon & drag to shrink them. By the time I get them the right size, the image is all blurry. Ive tried resizing them before hand with the same result. What am I doing wrong?
Old March 24th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Known Forum User

momomfksk.... did you use the bicubic sharper (best for reduction) when you reduce the size of the images...... this may help. Its in the drop menu at the bottom of the resize window...... if not give it a try maybe.

Old March 25th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ...

When you created your new file for the collage ... what resolution did you make it ?

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:08 PM
New Forum User

Not sure. Is there a way I can tell now, after it's created?
Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:31 PM
New Forum User

I was not using bicubic sharper & I had a low resolution for the main background. Changed those two things & now it's perfect. Thanks to both of you for your help!
Old April 24th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Enlightened Elder

Oh that is good news ... I am so pleased that you have now solved the problem

Wendy

"