Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old March 19th, 2012, 06:53 PM
New Forum User

Metadata

Hello, I am using a trial version of Elements 10 on a Mac computer.

So far, I canít figure out how to find Camera Data for RAW files in Elements 10.

I have learned that one way that I can find information such as shutter speed, ISO value, focal length (but not White Balance setting) is by opening the photo in Elements 8, then going to File>Get Info>Camera Data.

I can also open Bridge (it works for Elements 10), where I can see Metadata for a file.

Is there a way that I can see Metadata/Camera Data in Elements10?

Thank you.

Robert Dunshee
Old March 19th, 2012, 07:10 PM

Hi Robert,

Hmmm. Is this not working for you as it did in PSE8? If you open your raw image in PSE10's Editor, you should be able to go to File>File Info and view the exif data. As for the white balance settings, that and the temperature information is found under the Advanced tab, towards the bottom:

Click for large view

Does this help?

Click
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for my blog
Click
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for some of my free textures

Mac OS 10.9
PSE13, CS6, PSCC
Lightroom 5

Canon 5DmII, EF 24-105mm f/4L USM, EF 135mm f/2.0L USM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
Old March 20th, 2012, 03:09 PM
New Forum User

Metadata

Thank you, Julie.

I think/hope that it will help to use Elements 10 "Organizer" instead of Bridge.

I had hoped to stick with Bridge rather than learn something new; however, besides the problem with viewing the exif data, using Bridge, I cannot view thumbnails of the RAW files. So, I'll bite the bullet and start using Organizer.

(Someone on the forum had mentioned not liking Organizer as much as Bridge.)

So, now to start using Organizer.

Thanks, Julie.
Old March 20th, 2012, 04:55 PM

Hi Robert,

I think I'm beginning to see the issues you're having. I noticed from the other thread that you have two cameras that produce raw files; the Lumix GX1 and the Nikon D700. I gather you'd like to be able to view the thumbnails for both cameras in Bridge, but I'm guessing that you have an older version of ACR/Bridge (which probably came with the Mac version of PSE8) and it isn't capable of making thumbnails for the newer GX1. If so, I'm afraid your conclusion is probably right and a move to Organizer may be the only way to go if you want actual thumbnails for both cameras.

I'm not an Organizer user myself (I use Lightroom) but others here do use it successfully, so if you have questions as you go, just ask.

Click
for my blog
Click

Mac OS 10.9
PSE13, CS6, PSCC
Lightroom 5

Old March 20th, 2012, 05:19 PM
New Forum User

Metadata

Hello, Julie,
I think you are quite right about what's going on with my softwares.

I'll try Organizer and let you know how that all works out.

Thanks.

Robert
Old March 20th, 2012, 06:07 PM

Please do let us know, Robert. Don't be discouraged by negative reports on the Organizer. I know that many people use it quite happily. Good luck!

Click
for my blog
Click

Mac OS 10.9
PSE13, CS6, PSCC
Lightroom 5

Old March 23rd, 2012, 08:07 PM
New Forum User

Elements 10 Organizer

Hello, again, Julie,

The problems that I had (above) have been solved thanks to your help.

I have bought the Barbara Brundage book on Elements 10 and am studying it.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to create categories in Organizer--the same categories (Travel, People,etc.) that I have on my hard drive (and can easily access with Bridge).

All of the photos on my hard drive (all 4,000 of them) are also in the "Media Browser" of Organizer as thumbnails.

What I would like to do is be able to get those photos (in the same categories) into Organizer---without going through all 4,000 photos, selecting, for instance, the photos of people and dragging them to the People category. I think that would be impossible. Is there no other way?

As well written as Barbara Brundage's section on "Using the Organizer" is, I have not been able to re-create in Organizer the organization that I have on my hard drive (and in Bridge).

I have searched a number of threads in Elements Village and could find nothing on this topic.

Any thoughts for me? Anyone?

Should I start a new thread?

Thanks.

Robert Dunshee
Old March 23rd, 2012, 08:37 PM

Hi Robert,

Yes, I'm thinking that it may be a good idea to start a new thread since this is really a new topic. I wish I could help but I have no experience with Organizer at all.

I'm glad to hear that you've got Barbara's book - by all accounts, it's an excellent resource for PSE.

Click
for my blog
Click

Mac OS 10.9
PSE13, CS6, PSCC
Lightroom 5