Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old March 1st, 2012, 09:16 AM
Known Forum User

Fonts

This may have been answered more than once - sorry. Fonts in PE8 - I have a list of really strangely named ones - most are cryptic as far as name and the sample is in arabic or chinese and about the size of an ant. Is this because I don't not run any Microsoft office products on this machine? The fonts work - I just don't know what they look like until I try them.... thanks
Old March 12th, 2012, 01:46 AM
New Forum User

Hi,

This is how it is. There is no way to see the font preview in the english language. Only by typing some character using that font you will get to know how the font actually looks like. It is not because you don't run any microsoft office product. I use the Microsoft office product but I too see the sample preview in Arabic or Chinese language.

Regards,
27Prac
Old March 12th, 2012, 07:59 AM

Not sure what OS you are using but with Windows 7 you can hide fonts you don't want to see - In the control panel>fonts and you'll get the complete list. Right click on one and hide or show is an option. It then shouldn't show up in Elements (works for me in PSE10)

Tony
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyW View Post
Not sure what OS you are using but with Windows 7 you can hide fonts you don't want to see - In the control panel>fonts and you'll get the complete list. Right click on one and hide or show is an option. It then shouldn't show up in Elements (works for me in PSE10)

Tony
On Windows 7 Professional, I can't delete most fonts - I get a "font in use" message, even though it clearly isn't. And I can't hide any of them either. I click "hide" and nothing happens. any thoughts?
Old March 12th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Tony - followed your advice, but am being told "protected system font". I have 44 foreign fonts!!!!! I hope they dont take up too much space. Jean

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSE 5.0 and 11.0 on PC with Windows 7
Old April 5th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Known Forum User

fonts

Greetings to everyone. My best wishes for a joyful Easter.

This trimming down the number of fonts doesn't work for me. I have tried a few times at hiding fonts which seems to work in Windows but when I open PSE they are all still there. I have tried switching off, closing PSE, re-booting etc but it makes no difference. I have not tried resetting PSE 'cos I've forgotten the last key stroke; shift,cntrl,alt and then (?) Can someone remind me please.

Cheers

Mike Hamerton retired troublemaker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSE 9 Windows 7
Old April 5th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Senior Contributor

Hi Mike, Happy Easter to you too!

I have the same problem. I hid some fonts in the Windows Font folder and they are still visible (and active) in PSE.

Anyway, here are the instructions to reset the PSE Preferences file:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.

PSE7,10,11,12 (Windows 7 64-bit)

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." -- Mark Twain