How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Photography Discussions > Photography Equipment

Old January 6th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Casual Forum User

WOW, now I know I need something else.
Old January 6th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Frequent Contributor

John,
I see you have Windows 7 - are you running 64-bit? That is most of what is out there, but I think there are some 32-bit builds. What is the CPU on the machine? Win 7 64-bit with 8Gb and a decent processor should be fine, even if the graphics card isn't ideal. The fact that is slows down after awhile would seem to indicate a memory leak somewhere. Do you run other apps at the same time as PSE? or do you keep opening new files without closing old ones?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-----------------------------------------------
Andy

Cameras and lenses:
- Nikon D90 with Nikon AF-S 18-200 mm, Nikon 50mm f/1.8 D-AF
- Sony DSC RX-100

Software:
PSE12, LR5.2,
Perfect Photo Suite 8, Topaz PhotoFX, Adjust, Simplify, Clarity, ReStyle, Clean, DeNoise, Detail, Lens Effects
Computer:
-Win 7/64 Pro; Intel core i7-3770 (4@3.4Ghz), 32 Gb RAM
-Canon PRO-100 printer, Intuos4 Small tablet

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. - Douglas Adams
Old January 7th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Casual Forum User

I agree, it should work fine. I think the memory allocation is set wrong or something for one thing. The real problem I have it that it has an INtel grapics media accelorater HD card. I purchased Photo Studio 5 only to find out that it is required you have a video card that supports Open GL 2. or higher and has at least 256 memory and they told me mine did not so I bought a program that I cannot use. I may go to a desktop because of price. Thank you for your response.
Old January 14th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtipps View Post
I agree, it should work fine. I think the memory allocation is set wrong or something for one thing. The real problem I have it that it has an INtel grapics media accelorater HD card. I purchased Photo Studio 5 only to find out that it is required you have a video card that supports Open GL 2. or higher and has at least 256 memory and they told me mine did not so I bought a program that I cannot use. I may go to a desktop because of price. Thank you for your response.
I have the same problem. I have onOne Photo Essentials 3. I can only use a couple of the features because I need a card that supports Open GL 2. Maybe someone can suggest a video card for us. I have an HP Pavilion Slimline.
PSE 10, Lightroom 4.3
Windows 7 64-bit

PhotoShop Element's Rock's

"A photographer is like a cod, which produces a million eggs in order that one may reach maturity."
-George Bernard Shaw 26 July 1856-2 November 1950

Old January 14th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Casual Forum User

There are a lot of them out there and they are not too expensive. You can get a good one with 1gb of memory for less than $100. Most any card sold for gaming will be enough. Before you buy it make sure your processer is fast enough and you have enough memory. I decided to go ahead and buy a desk top built the way it should be and sell my laptop and get it over with, I am tired of trying fixes that don't work. Good luck.
Old January 14th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Frequent Contributor

My graphics card (I have a desktop) failed a year or so ago, and I was able to buy a nice Nvidia card for <$100 online. I don't think you need much more than that for just PSE.

Andy

Cameras and lenses:
- Nikon D90 with Nikon AF-S 18-200 mm, Nikon 50mm f/1.8 D-AF
- Sony DSC RX-100

Software:
PSE12, LR5.2,
Perfect Photo Suite 8, Topaz PhotoFX, Adjust, Simplify, Clarity, ReStyle, Clean, DeNoise, Detail, Lens Effects
Computer:
-Win 7/64 Pro; Intel core i7-3770 (4@3.4Ghz), 32 Gb RAM
-Canon PRO-100 printer, Intuos4 Small tablet

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. - Douglas Adams