Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Images and Creative Techniques > Digital Scrapbooking

Old October 18th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Casual Forum User

Suggestions for Page for Sequence of Events

Well, the event in question is a very, very nice waiter making my best friend and me a drink, on the house, when she and I were on a girl's weekend getaway.

I'm actually trying, for the first time in so long, to make a few real scrapbook pages, and am stuck in a rut I suppose. But I'd love to at least get this one done and break my Scrapper's Block.

I was thinking of photo-strip, something with flow, ...any ideas? Here are four photos ( I have more if needed, can use only three if it would make it more dynamic)...

(sorry - I don't know the best way to include pics in a post...)

edit - okay, here's a link to the pics I would like to scrapbook... https://picasaweb.google.com/1029617...eat=directlink
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Quebec-City_0001_edited-1.jpg (86.5 KB, 20 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tracy Lee; October 18th, 2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old October 19th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Photos 1 3 5 will tell your story - I suggest you use only those three. However, if you want to use the sketch below, you may want to use a fourth photo.

I recently struggled with this same type of layout. I started with three in a row and I was bored with my page.

I used a DDD sketch and ended up with a more interesting page. If I did it over, I would make the beige part of option 2 a little larger - maybe skew the background papers somewhat.

Here's before and after.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sunsets-are-so-beautiful-09.jpg (59.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Sunsets-are-so-beautiful-v2.jpg (54.4 KB, 19 views)
Epson R1900; Epson NX430 Printers
Nikon Coolpix S8200 Camera

Last edited by cats4jan; October 19th, 2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old October 21st, 2011, 04:43 AM
Casual Forum User

Thanks, Janice!

Those are some nice layouts, and give me a different way of thinking about my page - making one photo a centre piece, with supporting images. I had been thinking about making them all the same size in a sort of ribbon or photo strip or something.

Hopefully I'll get some time to work on photos and layouts tonight!

Tracy

Old October 21st, 2011, 02:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I had been thinking about making them all the same size in a sort of ribbon or photo strip or something.
A ribbon of photos would work well - as long as you don't go symmetrical like my first example. Boy, that sure didn't work.
Epson R1900; Epson NX430 Printers
Nikon Coolpix S8200 Camera

Old October 22nd, 2011, 07:10 AM
Casual Forum User

Really? I kinda liked that first example I'm still working on my page... Just cannot get inspired. I think I have photographer's/ scrapper's block.