Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old November 19th, 2009, 01:13 PM
New Forum User

delete organizer version 8

i see that there is a fix posted long ago for version 3, but it does not seem to work for me with version 8 (or i cannot figure out how to do it correctly). i do not like the organizer at all and would really like to delete it and just use the editor. please help
Old November 19th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Senior Contributor

I don't know if you can delete the Organizer ... but ...

You can just ignore it and only use the Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Photos
Old November 19th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Enlightened Elder

Hi dorenelove ..

... and welcome to the Village

With older versions of Element removing the Organiser was OK but now other things have made their way into there ... so is best to just leave it as it is.

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old November 19th, 2009, 03:33 PM
New Forum User

thanks!

i disabled the welcome window and that seems to make the organizer less obvious, which is okay with me. i really appriciate when software companies allow us to custom install specific features. perhaps adobe will consider that option in future versions.

this village is a great resource! i am very grateful to have found it

cheers
Old November 19th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi Dorene... Welcome to Elements Village.

In the older versions of Elements, it had an annoying habit of when you saved an image, it added it to Organizer, unless you unchecked a box every time. Even if you unchecked it, the next time you saved, the checkmark would be back. So that's why some of us disengaged Organizer back then.

With the newer versions, Adobe changed it so you only check the box if you want the image added to Organizer, so Organizer doesn't automatically get involved unless you load it from Editor.

Here's a neat tip: You can get a desktop icon that will load Editor without going through the Welcome screen to choose Editor:

Here's how.... I'm using PSE7, but assuming 8 is the same, click through these steps to get to the executable file for Editor:

My Computer
C: Drive
Program Files
Adobe
Photoshop Elements 8
Scroll through the files until you see PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe
Right click on that file, then from the popup menu, click Send To, then click Desktop (Create Shortcut)

If you don't see that executable file, you may need to configure Windows to Show Hidden Files and Folders. Here's how:
  1. Open any folder
  2. Click Tools from the menu and choose Folder Options
  3. In the Folder Options dialog, click the View tab
  4. Scroll down until you see Hidden Files and Folders
  5. Click the button beside "Show hidden files and folders"
  6. If there is a checkmark in the box beside "Hide Extensions for Known File Types," click the box to remove the checkmark
  7. Click OK
Hope this helps.

Diana

Itís not happy people who are thankful, itís thankful people who are happy.

~ Canon 5D Mark II ~ Canon Rebel XTi ~ EF70-200 f/2.8L ~ EF85 f/1.8 ~ EF24-70 f/2.8 ~ EF 24-105 f4 L IS ~ EF 50mm f/1.8 II ~ Canon PowerShot S95 ~ Canon PowerShot SX50 HS ~ Windows 7 ~ PSE 11 & 12 ~ PS CC ~ Lightroom5 ~ Pro Show Producer ~ Corel Painter X ~ Printers: Canon Pixma Pro9500 Mark II, HP Deskjet 882C, HP LaserJet 1200 ~
Old November 19th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorenelove View Post
i disabled the welcome window and that seems to make the organizer less obvious, which is okay with me. i really appriciate when software companies allow us to custom install specific features. perhaps adobe will consider that option in future versions.

this village is a great resource! i am very grateful to have found it

cheers
Oh, I see you already knew about the Editor Desktop Icon, Dorene. Good.

Diana

Itís not happy people who are thankful, itís thankful people who are happy.

~ Canon 5D Mark II ~ Canon Rebel XTi ~ EF70-200 f/2.8L ~ EF85 f/1.8 ~ EF24-70 f/2.8 ~ EF 24-105 f4 L IS ~ EF 50mm f/1.8 II ~ Canon PowerShot S95 ~ Canon PowerShot SX50 HS ~ Windows 7 ~ PSE 11 & 12 ~ PS CC ~ Lightroom5 ~ Pro Show Producer ~ Corel Painter X ~ Printers: Canon Pixma Pro9500 Mark II, HP Deskjet 882C, HP LaserJet 1200 ~
Old November 19th, 2009, 08:24 PM
New Forum User

thanks...

...still appreciate the advice. i'm certain i will have more questions.
cheers all!
Old April 22nd, 2010, 02:52 PM
New Forum User

thanks to Diana

Thanks to Diana - the organizer was automatically opening up when starting PE8. I just installed it last week and it was already annoying, especially since I don't use it. Thanks for the tip on Editor shortcut.
Natalie

Tags
delete organizer 8