Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old June 24th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Senior Contributor

Wendy,

Yes, it usually has some enhancements and/or new functionalities.

Juergen
Old June 24th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Known Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy View Post
Just a quick question ...

If your camera is supported in one of the earlier versions is there any point in installing the new ACR ??

Wendy
Talk on the Adobe ACR forum, http://forums.adobe.com/community/cameraraw, suggests that there will be some under the hood work on the latest ACR that improves on earlier versions.

Jeff Schewe, who appears to be very close to the ACR development team, advocates using the latest ACR and of course the latest DNG converter for this reason.
Old June 24th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ...

I haven't tried using RAW before but today I took some shots and am playing around with them ...

As I am using a 300D which has been supported for quite some time so I just wondered if there was any point in me adding the latest Camera Raw to Elements. I will track it down and add it

Wendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"

Old June 24th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayla View Post
Tina,

If I remember correctly you are using PSE5 - ACR 4.5 is what you need. The later versions are for PSE6/7.

Bayla
Thanks, how do you keep track of everyone, you are good.
Tina

Old June 24th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina_B View Post
how do you keep track of everyone
Probably because I spend far too long here!

No, seriously, I just recalled reading a post of yours a couple of days ago about ACR and you mentioned having PSE5. My kids are always ribbing me about my ability for remembering so much useless information, but sometimes it does come in useful.

Bayla

and

Old June 24th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Frequent Contributor

I've tried to download the Mac version - everything goes fine in the download until it gets to "mounting the disk image" and that fails - meaning - it doesn't go through. Any other mac people having the same problem?
~bruce.
Mac Pro Quad Core w/ 4 internal HDs, macbook (white), ipod nano, ipod touch (2nd gen), Epson Artisan 810, epson workforce 40, epson photo R1900, 750 GB OWC Mercury Elite Hard drive external, fuji S602z, Nikon D90 w/ Tamron 18-270; Nikon D7100 w/ Nikon 18-300 lens. NewerTechnology 500GB external hard drive, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk1953 View Post
I've tried to download the Mac version - everything goes fine in the download until it gets to "mounting the disk image" and that fails - meaning - it doesn't go through. Any other mac people having the same problem?
~bruce.
At no point should you be mounting the disk as you must manually install. I'm pasting the mac elements directions below. I think step #2 in the directions is not clear enough. Ignore that cardboard box icon in the download that says cameraprofiles.pkg-that is for the auto install which doesn't work in elements. Instead click once on the camera raw plug-in and do edit>copy. Now follow the library path from from your hard drive icon in finder. When you get to the camera raw plugin that is there, drag it to your desktop and paste the one you copied in it's place. After verifying PSE and bridge are working trash the old one you dragged out.

Mac:
NOTE: You must follow all of the new instructions in order to successfully install the Camera Raw Plug-in
for Photoshop Elements.
1. Exit Photoshop Elements and Adobe Bridge.
2. Open the download file and double-click CameraProfiles.dmg and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Navigate to the root of the local disk (not the userís home folder).
4. Navigate to Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS3/File Formats.
5. Move the existing plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure
you keep this version in case you need to revert back.
6. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw, from the download into the same folder as in Step 4.
7. Launch Photoshop Elements or Adobe Bridge.

Old June 24th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the help. I sort of figured it out after finding the actual files had downloaded to my desktop. Thought the "mounting the disk image" meant that it was opening file on the desktop. You are right about instruction #2 - could be easily misunderstood.
~bruce.
Mac Pro Quad Core w/ 4 internal HDs, macbook (white), ipod nano, ipod touch (2nd gen), Epson Artisan 810, epson workforce 40, epson photo R1900, 750 GB OWC Mercury Elite Hard drive external, fuji S602z, Nikon D90 w/ Tamron 18-270; Nikon D7100 w/ Nikon 18-300 lens. NewerTechnology 500GB external hard drive, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Old June 25th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Senior Contributor

You are welcome. Doesn't it feel great to actually figure something out on your own?

Old June 26th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Known Forum User

Following your instructions in the thread I also found it easy to accomplish. I was looking at my previous acr and find theres no real way to determine which version it is. Even right clicking the installed file, only thing available is the sign certificate date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by athegn View Post
It looks like ACR 5.4 has now been release:-

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=4522

Note - TechNote does not yet seem to be updated:-

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/407/kb407110.html

win8pro/64b 12g ram, 3gvideo, 1.5tb hd