Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 4th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Casual Forum User

Question :Use Photo Ratio" aspect on Crop tool problem

I'm wondering if this is expected cropping behavior or if something is wrong with my PSE 6. It seems really weird to me... I expect the Use Photo Ratio aspect ratio to constrain the width and height to the proportions of the original photo and adjust the resolution as needed. It doesn't do that.

When I select the Use Photo Ratio aspect ratio, the original image's proportions and resolution are displayed in the options bar.

Then, I draw a crop box around a portion of the image; however, when committed, the cropped area is resized to the exact same width, size and resolution as the original. This causes the cropped area to degrade in quality because it is upsampled.

Note: If I change any of the options (width, height, resolution), the aspect ratio type changes to "Custom" and I've lost the photo ratio.

Thanks for any enlightenment!

Karen
Alibony Web Design and Graphics
http://www.alibony.com