Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Archives > Online Training (forum is closed to posting)

Old May 4th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Casual Forum User

oh YAY! finished downloading file and am now watching podcast with no problem

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 4th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Senior Contributor

Linda559

Maybe we can resolve your issue by comparing details....
I have Mozilla Firefox as my default browser and my operating system is Windows XP

In Firefox, Tools Menu/Options/Downloads. In Downloads I select "Save all files to this folder". I then select Desktop (you can browse for another location if you want to).

If I go to the home page of this web site, and hit the download of the Layered Effect and pick the Save to disc option of the dialog, that file is downloaded to my Desktop. You can view from there by right clicking and pressing Open With QuickTime.

After that, you can leave the Layered Effect download on your Desktop for another viewing. Additionally, you could:

(1) right click, hit copy, go to a place like My Videos and then Edit Menu/Paste
(there is then a copy if you really did want a copy) OR

(2) go to Windows Explorer and move (or copy) to another location (if you want to do that).

I tried all that again this morning, and it worked that way.

ATR
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Casual Forum User

ATR- I'm with you on the step by step...Firefox/Windows XP etc...

I'm downloading the file now to the folder I have created for Elements.

It is possible that I have not tried this since I updated the Quicktime program yesterday afternoon.

We'll see how it goes...the download time started at 13 minutes.

I really liked this Layered Effects Video

Nikon D80; PSE 7
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Casual Forum User

It worked!

It always helps to update your software.

Thanks ATR, I might not have tried again if you hadn't posted.

Nikon D80; PSE 7
Old May 7th, 2007, 01:05 AM
New Forum User

Lightening yes, layers no

I just updated Quicktime, and saved both the files. The Lightening effects video worked but the layer effects still gives me the error, "not a movie file".

How can we get this message to the powers that be?

Dina
Old May 7th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Senior Contributor

Dina,

Suggest you just keep on trying. I had the same problem & it took about eight tries over two or three days before I managed to successfully download both files!

Bayla

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and