Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Photoshop Elements Editor

Old January 19th, 2007, 08:12 PM
New Forum User

Question Putting Multiple Images on One Page

I have version 3.0 since that was what was loaded on my computer at the time of purchase. I'd like to put say 4 of the same photos on one page and have the flexibility to choose the size of them. How do I do that? All of the photos I have are from our digital camera and in a jpeg format. I also would like to be able to take photos sent by family and work with them too. Again, how do I get the flexibility I want when it comes to putting any number or any type of photo onto one page.

Thanks.
Old January 19th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to GaryK
Hi

Welcome

I guess you have a couple of options... easiest.. sort of would be to use the picture package option in the organizer. The sizes are preset but you do have quite a few options (kind of like those preset things you get from school photos)
Or you can make a new blank document the size of your photo paper and just add the photos to that reszizng as desired.

To be honest most email photos would likely be of too low a resoution to do much with as far as printing is concerned, but just save them to a folder of your desktop and open them in Elements form there.
They may be fine.. it just really depends on what was sent and how.

Typically most people try to make them smaller so they email faster but in your case they may not have.

Hope this helps a bit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old January 20th, 2007, 05:10 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ...

I just create a file the size of my photo paper with a resolution of 300 and add photos to it. Then move them round to get as many as I can on the paper

Wendy

"

Old January 20th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Hopefully you understand how layers work, if so Wendy and Gary's advice helped you. If not, please post back and someone will explain how to copy and paste your photos into the new document and resize each picture so they won't look distorted or out of porportion. Good luck.

PSE6; Nikon D80; Premiere Elements 4.
Old January 20th, 2007, 09:09 PM
New Forum User

Hi Charlotte:
Thanks for your efforts to help me. No, I don't know how layers work. When I open Elements I'm presented with three menu options: "View & Organize Photos", "Edit and Enhance Photos", "Make Photo Creation". If I want to import or copy a photo from a folder of downloaded from my camera which menu option do I choose? When I open in "View and Organize Photos" I don't know how to ge tthe photo from my folder into Elements. If I double click on the photo it will show up in Elements but then I can't size it or anything else. As you can tell I'm really green at this so patience please!!! Thanks.
Old January 21st, 2007, 11:06 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi,

Your best bet would be to become a subscriber and then you would have access to over 140 training videos as well as online lessons. There is a series of lessons on using layers, which is very important to using Elements to its fullest.

In the meantime, here's a start for what you wish to do. First start Elements in the "Edit" mode. Create a new document the size you want to end up with....File > New > Blank File. Enter the dimensions you wish your finished image to be. If you plan on printing it, make the resolution 300.

Open the photos you wish to add to the new document. If you look at the bottom of your work area, you'll see the the Photo Bin which will have thumbnails for your new blank document and each of the photos you opened.

Click on one of the photos in the Photo Bin to make it active in the work area, select it using Select > All (or shortcut Ctrl-A). Copy the photo using Edit > Copy (or shortcut Ctrl-C). Then click on your blank document in the Photo Bin to make it active and paste the photo into the blank document using Edit > Paste (or shortcut Ctrl-V).

Now if you look at the right of your work area, you should see the Layer Palette. If you don't see it, from the menu, click Window > Layers. In the Layer Palette, you should see two layers...the background layer and the photo you copied to it.

Perform the copy and paste process for each of your photos. Look at your Layer Palette and you'll see each of the photos you copied on a separate layer. You can now close all your original photos once they are copied to you new background. File > Save your image with a .PSD extension to preserve the layers.

To resize and move your photos on your new background, click on the Move tool. Make sure "Auto Select Layer" and "Show Bounding Box" are checked in the Move tool options at the top of the work area.

To resize a photo on the background, make the layer active in the Layer Palette by clicking on the thumbnail in the Layer Palette. In the work area, you should see a bounding box around the photo with square "handles." Point to one of the corners until you see a double pointed arrow. Hold the Shift key down and drag in or out to make smaller or larger. The Shift key maintains the proportions of your image as you drag.

To move a photo to a different spot on the background, put the arrow cursor in the middle of the photo and drag it to the position where you want it. It may help to turn on the Grid and Snap to Grid, which is found under the View menu.

After resizing and moving your photos, save your final image. If you wish, you may also save a .JPG version of it, which will "flatten" the image (merges the individual layers, making the layers no longer editable).

Diana

Itís not happy people who are thankful, itís thankful people who are happy.

~ Canon 5D Mark II ~ Canon Rebel XTi ~ EF70-200 f/2.8L ~ EF85 f/1.8 ~ EF24-70 f/2.8 ~ EF 24-105 f4 L IS ~ EF 50mm f/1.8 II ~ Canon PowerShot S95 ~ Canon PowerShot SX50 HS ~ Windows 7 ~ PSE 11 & 12 ~ PS CC ~ Lightroom5 ~ Pro Show Producer ~ Corel Painter X ~ Printers: Canon Pixma Pro9500 Mark II, HP Deskjet 882C, HP LaserJet 1200 ~
Old January 22nd, 2007, 12:44 AM
New Forum User

Hi Diana,

A thousand thanks for the clarity!!!!! I was able to do what I wanted so again many thanks.
You mention becoming a subscriber. Do you mean I can subscribe to training videos from Adobe?

BTW, where are you in Mid-Michigan as I used to live in that area for about 10 years? Just curious....
Old January 22nd, 2007, 04:14 AM
Enlightened Elder

Hi ...

This site actually isn't an Adobe site

To become a Subscriber you just click on Home (top of the page) thern over on the right you will see the subscription details.

The subscription includes a newsletter 8 times a year (mailed out to you), access to the Subscriber area and your own gallery where you can post your images. The subscriber area has over 180 Video tutorials in it and around 90 written tutorials ... and new ones are added weekly. Its a great way of learning new techniques and there is something in there for every level of experience. It really is worth it

Wendy

"

Old January 22nd, 2007, 08:31 AM
Senior Contributor

Wow, Carol gave a great tutorial to start you off. Take my word for it, the suscriber area is awesome. If you want to work in Elements and go beyond the basic quick fix, the the forum is the place to be. You can view videos and and work in Elements along with the vidoes, just pause video to follow them step by step while editing your photo. It is well worth the money and in the long run will save you lots of frustration trying to figure it out. There are printable tutorials along with free downloads for frames and filters, all sorts of creative stuff.

PSE6; Nikon D80; Premiere Elements 4.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 04:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudbe Tosk View Post
Hi Diana,

A thousand thanks for the clarity!!!!! I was able to do what I wanted so again many thanks.
You mention becoming a subscriber. Do you mean I can subscribe to training videos from Adobe?

BTW, where are you in Mid-Michigan as I used to live in that area for about 10 years? Just curious....
I live between Pleasant Lake and Munith, about 13 miles northeast of Jackson, MI and about 45 min southeast of Lansing.

Glad to be of help. Hope you can become a subscriber. It's well worth it.

Diana

Itís not happy people who are thankful, itís thankful people who are happy.

~ Canon 5D Mark II ~ Canon Rebel XTi ~ EF70-200 f/2.8L ~ EF85 f/1.8 ~ EF24-70 f/2.8 ~ EF 24-105 f4 L IS ~ EF 50mm f/1.8 II ~ Canon PowerShot S95 ~ Canon PowerShot SX50 HS ~ Windows 7 ~ PSE 11 & 12 ~ PS CC ~ Lightroom5 ~ Pro Show Producer ~ Corel Painter X ~ Printers: Canon Pixma Pro9500 Mark II, HP Deskjet 882C, HP LaserJet 1200 ~