Elements Village

How to use the forums

Go Back   Elements Village > Editing and Organizing Discussions > Premiere Elements

Old November 12th, 2011, 03:12 PM
New Forum User

Exclamation Project Audio Copy & Paste (or insert) into another project

ATR!!!!! i need you!

okay, being that premiere elements 9 wont allow you to have more than one project open at a time, i started editing a voice-over, for a psa ad, on a different project than the footage too limit the confusion and mess. Now, I am not able to copy/paste or insert those edited voice-overs to my other project?

will i have to restart?
Old November 12th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Senior Contributor

TiLo91

What are you using for the copy/paste? Is it the program ClipMate?
http://www.elementsvillage.com/forum...ad.php?t=51325

If not, please give that a try. It should work fine. Just read and follow the how to word for word for word. Do a mini test run before the real project.

BUT....

With these two Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 projects involved, you know that there is a Share/Computer/Audio with presets for AAC, MP3, or Windows Waveform (WAV). So, there could be the possibility to export the voice over as (let us try) WAV from the first project, and then importing that from its hard drive save location to the second project via the second project's Get Media/Files and Folders.

Please check out the above, and then let us know if you think any of that will work for you. It should.

We will be watching for your comments and results.

Thanks.

ATR
Old November 12th, 2011, 03:53 PM
New Forum User

Thumbs up

Im shooting on a canon avchd, using a mac pro... which isnt offered the ClipMate... does IClip work as well or accomplish the same thing?

thanks again
Old November 12th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Senior Contributor

TiLo91

The following is my respond that I just entered for your same question in the ClipMate thread

Quote:
ClipMate is Windows Only.

I have never used Iclip in a Mac environment so I am not sure it will handle the Premiere Elements copy paste between Premiere Elements projects. Even with ClipMate in Windows, it did not fare well until Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 and higher. The hang ups in versions earlier than 8.0/8.0.1 were copy paste problems with audio and transitions.

See you back in your other thread for more comments.
You could experiment with Iclip if it is still available. But the easy way out is
a. If AVCHD & audio involved..
export the Timeline content of the first project as an appropriate file, Share/Computer/MPEG with correct preset, and import that file into the second project (correct preset) via the project's Get Media/Files and Folders.
b. If just audio involved..
selectively export the Timeline audio content of the first project as an appropriate audio file (AAC, MP3, or WAV), and import that file into the second project (correct preset) via the project's Get Media/Files and Folders.

Many of the features of Premiere Elements PC and Mac (version 9 and higher) are similar. But there are differences. So, I will be depending on you to tell me if my PC based instructions are applicable to your computer environment.

Just let me know the properties of your source media, what project presets are involved in what you have already done in these two projects, and we will work together on that.

Thanks.

ATR
Old November 12th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Senior Contributor

TiLo91

Now that we have established that you are using Premiere Elements 9 Mac, ClipMate is definitely not a copy/paste option between projects since it a Windows only software. I have not tested nor used alternative for the Mac.

So, my recommendation for now is to transfer the edited audio from one from to the other by exporting the edited audio from the first project as a file saved to the hard drive, and then importing the edited audio from its hard drive save location into the second project with the second project's Get Media/Files and Folder.

If all that you have on the Timeline of the first project is the edited audio then you can go to Share/Computer/Audio and select from one of the presets for AAC, AIFF, MP3, or Windows Media (WAV). BUT, if we check the Premiere Elements 9 PC Mac Import/Export File Format support list, we see that WAV is Windows Only.
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/862/cpsid_86248.html
So, select either the AAC or AIFF since it looks like either of these can be imported as well as exported into Premiere Elements Mac.

In some private discussions, you mentioned problems with Premiere Elements 9 Mac export options being grayed out. For that I say, make sure that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the same computer as your Premiere Elements 9 Mac.

If you need to do your export from the first project with AVCHD video plus Audio, then we might try exporting a .m2t file from the first project via Share/Computer/MPEG with a preset of MPEG2 HD1080i. Then we can see if we can import that into the second project either as .m2t or .m2ts. To get the .m2ts version, we just rename the .m2t file extension from .m2t to .m2ts.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

Last edited by ATR; November 12th, 2011 at 05:20 PM.

Tags
copy/paste, project, sound