PDA

View Full Version : Love the Layers class but...........

Mac User
May 19th, 2006, 01:32 PM
I'm really learning a great deal from the Layers class Matt but......

We've exhasuted all of the topics about being able to save the videos. My question is, would it be possible to post the notes that you used to make these videos so that we would have a recipe to achieve the effects that you have shown us.

I know there is a PDF but they are so sketchy they really don't give you a step by step process. The Scott Kelby books give you wonderful recipes as to how to achieve effects.

So possibly the way to help the subscibers would be to give them really detailed instructions in the PDFs of pages of your notes. Simply post the notes for the subscribers.

I find that I'm constantly needing to go back to the video's to "Get it." You're really teaching something so valuable I'm glad I'm taking the class. In fact why are there not books just dedicated to Layers and adjustment masks.

I find that with the Kelby books I sit at the computer with the book on my lap and follow along step by step. Many of us save messages from the forum and again follow step by step. There are the mini tutorials, again step by step.The material you are providing and the ideas behind them need to be presented step by step so that they can be referred to year after year.

I went to the free seminars that you all provided and if you looked at the audience you would see that the majority of attendee's were of a certain age where memories needed to be jogged. I think more comprehensive notes might be a way to resolve all of this.

Again thanks for an invaluable class. I just want to be able to remember it next year and the years after that. ;)

Wendy
May 19th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Sandy ...

Why not print out the PDF and and make notes on that as you are going along ... that is what I am doing :)

Wendy

Mac User
May 19th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Sandy ...

Why not print out the PDF and and make notes on that as you are going along ... that is what I am doing :)

Wendy

You're faster and more knowledgble than I am. I keep on having to make it rewind and start all over to not miss anything. You're a Pro Wendy. We're little crickets by comparison. ( is that the proper analogy? :rolleyes: )

I was just thinking that it would be a way to help the rest of us.

Dorrie H.
May 19th, 2006, 04:46 PM
I have to agree with Sandy, that the PDF's are not detailed enough. It's hard trying to watch the video and then properly write down the steps he has taken. I really think Matt could have done a better job on the PDF's, but he has done such a terrific job so far on the layers course videos. I truly love all the wonderful information he is giving in this tutorial and I would hate to forget something. I am going to take notes, but somehow I think I will probably miss something, and that's a shame.

mom to 4
May 19th, 2006, 04:47 PM
I hear you, I understand what you are looking for, but why not video tape the class? That's what I have done, seems to solve a problem of not being able to download them.

photobobbie
May 19th, 2006, 10:58 PM
I agree with the request for more detail in the notes. I find there are many things to keep track of, and it would be so much easier if there was more detail provided in the PDFs.