PDA

View Full Version : How to put time/date photo taken into image for printing

dralph
February 24th, 2005, 08:33 PM
This may be too simple. I have a series of photos that are nearly identical identical but which must be marked with the date and time the camera took the photo. (Canon S400 Digital Elph) is there anyway to automate this, much in the fashion of a databack on a film camera? I would prefer to be able to save files to CD rather than do this directly to a local printer so the files can be transmitted, copied and printed elsewhere. TIA. Dave

MikeH
February 25th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Hi

...and most people want to remove the date stamp added by the camera!! :)

The smart answer here is that the best place to add the date stamp is with the camera when taking the photo... but I'm assuming that you already have the pictures in PE3...

You can do this under print options. If you select "More Options" in the Print window, under "Label" you will see "Date", "Caption" and "File Name". Ticking any of these will add that to the print. So, checking the Date box will add the date to every print.

For info, Caption is a free text entry made in the Photo Browser when only one photo is displayed.

The next step is to configure the print size and page options to give borderless printing - so the photo fills the print size. This way the date will appear in the photo...

...but the font won't be the same as the camera would apply.

That's the best I can suggest within PE3... Otherwise there is third party software that will do this.

Mike

Jake57
September 5th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I would use DateMeNow, which does exactly what you're looking for. It can even rename the files automatically, adding the date photo was taken to the file name itself:

http://www.ketara.ca/date-photos.html

Hope this helps.